• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2019

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
He was our best hooker and only behind TPN (imo) in the country, it's a shame about the injury but I hope he returns in good nick for his final season. Then, I agree, time for younger faces.
"Was" he is 8,000 years old, and the ponies need to build depth. He is either the starter or in the way

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I haven't been more excited by a forward since Fardy showed that promise on his EPS contract in 2012. I hope Swain is happy to take his chances and develop mainly through the NRC, because lord knows he's the future for us.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Possible reasons:
  • Carter - abandoned by the Wallabies set up, well liked when he played in France
  • Rory - No foreseeable reason
  • Richie and Enever - Good enough to start somewhere

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I haven't been more excited by a forward since Fardy showed that promise on his EPS contract in 2012. I hope Swain is happy to take his chances and develop mainly through the NRC, because lord knows he's the future for us.

A little anecdote about Fardy's EPS year Roffy. At the annual Foundation Members' dinner that year I mentioned to Laurie Fischer that Fardy was playing great football and that he would be in the running for POTY. He reminded me that as an EPS player he could only (then, maybe not now) play while a contracted player was out injured, therefore not expected to get much game time. I might have been wrong about the year, but was certainly on the mark about Fardy's talent.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
A little anecdote about Fardy's EPS year Roffy. At the annual Foundation Members' dinner that year I mentioned to Laurie Fischer that Fardy was playing great football and that he would be in the running for POTY. He reminded me that as an EPS player he could only (then, maybe not now) play while a contracted player was out injured, therefore not expected to get much game time. I might have been wrong about the year, but was certainly on the mark about Fardy's talent.

2012 was his debut season, and although he started out on an EPS contract I’m sure it was quickly upgraded as he started every game after a few rounds..........

Mogg was also EPS but started every game that year.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
2012 was his debut season, and although he started out on an EPS contract I’m sure it was quickly upgraded as he started every game after a few rounds....

Mogg was also EPS but started every game that year.

Yep, that's exactly how I recall it too. And I think Fardy and maybe Moggy were both very much in the running for POTY that year.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So with Godwin going and 12 a gap for Brumbies in terms of any quality player who could fill the void (assuming CLL will continue to play 10), would have thought Brumbies would make a play for Hunt. Sure it would have to be on final chance and one strike you are out but Hunt would be good acquisition to fill key gap at 12 as lets face it there are not that many quality 12's on the market.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Like to see Brumbies get a quality 12 as don't see any of the current crop filling the void personally including CLL so hope they sign Hunt personally. But also understand why they may not if sponsor backlash and risks around Hunt.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Hunt will be 32 at the start of next season, and there are whispers about Kyle Eastmond or Duncan Paia'aua at Brumbies HQ. Little to no chance of Hunt coming to Canberra.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Yes Hunt probably too tarnished for sponsors to come on board with Hunt which is a pity as think he could add something to a side like the Brumbies as short term option but yes equally can certainly understand if that did not want to consider that option.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Hunt will be 32 at the start of next season, and there are whispers about Kyle Eastmond or Duncan Paia'aua at Brumbies HQ. Little to no chance of Hunt coming to Canberra.

Kyle Eastmond? Really? That would be really, really disappointing in a 4-team environment...

Reactions: mst