• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
So I went along to the fan/members forum at the stadium on Wednesday night. They had the GM of commercial, Dan McKellar and someone from the stadium to discuss a range of issues including membership pricing for 2020, team engagement with the community and food and beverage options and pricing at the stadium and this all comes from a survey that went out.

Some things of note include:
  • The pricing for 2020 memberships will be on par with 2009 prices and for general admission, you can get a family in for $30.
  • Dan McKellar said there's no replacement for a captain as yet and no front runner yet for a first choice goal kicker given the departures. He also said there's a few more places for signings but not to expect any big names.
  • Given the early start to the season, there will probably be only 1 trial match but who and where are not locked in yet.
  • Pre-season starts in October and the Wallabies members will start back in January so they'll only get 3 weeks pre-season.
  • From the stadium point of view, the parking pricing was a big discussion but is on par with comparable stadiums like WIN Stadium and the one in Townsville. One thing that was important to note is the car park is essentially run by the Sports Commission so trying to get any major upgrades/fixes aren't as easy to get done. They did mention the biggest priority is getting lighting put in.
*EDIT*
The inclusion of ACT back into the name was also discussed. It won't happen in 2020 mostly because uniforms, merchandise and associated item have already been designed/ordered but it is on the table for discussion for 2021. There was about a 70% 'agree or strongly agree' response to re-instating it.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good signing by the Brumbies. I’ve always been a fan. I’m surprised though. Playing time will be hard to get. Shows how good the culture is there.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He had a couple of quite solid Shute Shield seasons playing in the centres, 2018 and 2019, the latter as captain of the Premiers Sydney University. Runs good lines and runs hard. Have long thought he would be Super standard, but I'm still not really sure where he fits into the Brumbies with the likes of Kuridrani, Simone, Wright, Ikitau, Lolesio and Keunzle on the books.

Reactions: mst

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
shamwow.gif

LearningCurve

Bill Watson (15)
what was Nic White's situation? Is he back to the UK for most of the 2020 Super Rugby season ala To'omua?

Reg, from what I read White was contracted to Exeter for their 2020 season. Assuming he isn't released early by Exeter (as To'omua was by Leicester) then his final round robin game will be on the 6th of June 2020 and if Exeter make it to the final (they made it to the final this season) that is on the 22nd of June 2020. The Brumbies final round robin is 29 May so I think it is safe to say that if his team and he are going well he won't be in Brumbies (or any other Super Rugby colours) until 2021.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Good environment for Vui too. Strong coaching staff, getting to work with Sio, Ala'alatoa, Fainga’a & Slipper and plenty of competition to be next cab off the rank.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
The Brumbies are easily the best at recruitment and retention (also arguably player development) of the Australian Super Rugby sides and by god does the game in this country benefit from it. It’s an incredibly important role that they play in the landscape.

B

Bobby Sands

Certainly the best at development & I think in addition to their excellent program - working with the AIS gives them an edge over all preparation programs as far as rugby goes, anywhere in the world.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Potential Front Row Groups. Brumbies and Rebels doing well.

Brumbies
1. Sio, Slipper, Lloyd
2. Fainga'a, Mcinerney, Lonergan
3. Ala'alatoa, Vui, Ross

Tahs
1. HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes), Walker, Bell
2. Fitzpatrick, Tuala, Cotton
3. Robertson, Talakai, O'connor

Reds
1. Smith, Hoopert, Fotuaika
2. Mafi, Amosa, Farrell
3. Thor, Smith, Nasser