• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
In terms of building potential, this could be our team of the future (age in brackets) if we ensure we retain the players:
  1. Vunipola Fifita (23)
  2. Folau Fainga'a (24)
  3. Tom Ross (21)
  4. Nick Frost (19)
  5. Darcy Swain (21)
  6. Brodie Leber (21)
  7. Jahrome Brown (22)
  8. Rob Valetini (20)
  9. Ryan Lonergan (21)
  10. Reesjan Pasitoa (18)
  11. Tom Wright (21)
  12. Irae Simone (23)
  13. Len Ikitau (20)
  14. Noah Lolesio (19)
  15. Mack Hansen (21)
You can dispute the players on the wings, but it's a pretty good sight.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Nope, played for Perth in the NRC for a year first. You could claim the technicality of earning the contract in school, but didn't join as a schoolboy. I claim my own technicality :p

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumby Runner are you serious, "Midget", you need to do your homework more, as a number of Super Rugby clubs wanted this Midget! But thank God he stayed with us at the Brumbies..His skills, defence and running ability will go well with the new recruits.

In the context of the size of modern day rugby players. I think I made that clear.

Noah is roughly the same size as me. I know I would be a midget in a rugby team.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not a shock but I still hoped we'd get more out of him. I think his role in the positives of the 2017 season are understated and had hopes of seeing him come good here.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
In terms of building potential, this could be our team of the future (age in brackets) if we ensure we retain the players:
  1. Vunipola Fifita (23)
  2. Folau Fainga'a (24)
  3. Tom Ross (21)
  4. Nick Frost (19)
  5. Darcy Swain (21)
  6. Brodie Leber (21)
  7. Jahrome Brown (22)
  8. Rob Valetini (20)
  9. Ryan Lonergan (21)
  10. Reesjan Pasitoa (18)
  11. Tom Wright (21)
  12. Irae Simone (23)
  13. Len Ikitau (20)
  14. Noah Lolesio (19)
  15. Mack Hansen (21)
I really hope Simone kicks on. He has the skill set, he's just lacking something at the moment.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
He hasn't had the game experience at Super level at a core period of player mental development. Time is the only test of whether he can now learn those mental parts of the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
  1. Vunipola Fifita (23)
  2. Folau Fainga'a (24)
  3. Tom Ross (21)
  4. Nick Frost (19)
  5. Darcy Swain (21)
  6. Brodie Leber (21)
  7. Jahrome Brown (22)
  8. Rob Valetini (20)
  9. Ryan Lonergan (21)
  10. Reesjan Pasitoa (18)
  11. Tom Wright (21)
  12. Irae Simone (23)
  13. Len Ikitau (20)
  14. Noah Lolesio (19)
  15. Mack Hansen (21)

I doubt those are our future wing choices......... also, don't forget there's the likes of Goddard and Jiminez waiting in the wings.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
^ Considering he came into the squad so late after the news about Christian and then add in Cubelli's knee injury in 2017, his combination with Powell was OK and got them to the finals

IIRC, taking the Brumbies to the finals playing 10 is a feat that has thus far eluded Lilo.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
It would be a shame if his move disqualifies his eligibility to play for the Wallabies. To be clear, I am not advbocating him for a Wallabies' spot, but I understand he would have gained eligibility early next year. Would have been another feather in the cap had it come to pass.

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
There is no way that we should consider playing Pasitoa straight out of school. IMO he is a centre at best with far better options ahead of him. Goddard, Kuenzle and even Lolesio at 10. I watched Pasitoa in Sydney last year playing centre and for aussie schoolboys as the bench warmer 10 and didnt see anything that was impressive. i dont know why the hype. Maybe his size in comparison to other schoolboys. I just hope that Lilo stays on for a 3 year contract.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Reds signed Carter Gordon straight of school, they’ve had him playing club rugby in Brisbane, and that’s exactly what these young fly-half’s should be doing. He might get some NRC time but what he needs first is game management experience. Likewise with Pasitoa, don’t rush him.

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
Is Carter Gordon the Queensland and Aussie schoolboys 10 from last year? What a player he is. Big future for him. I did tell the powers to be here to look at him but found out he was signed with the Reds.

The game has changed over the last 10 years. Agree that these young players need to focus on consistent skill management and game experience before introducing them to Super Rugby. Give them a year in 1st grade.

Ted McMahon

Stan Wickham (3)
McKellar makes good decisions and has good insight with bringing the young players into the core squad at what position is best for the team. With Hawera gone and Lilo in the wind, the flyhalf position for 2020 will probably be determined by the NRC outcomes.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Scott Sio tells overseas clubs to fuck off, re-signs a three year deal with ACT Brumbies so he can win a Super Rugby with an injury-time drop kick from the halfway line
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/rugbyunion/comments/brg2fv/scott_sio_tells_overseas_clubs_to_fuck_off/
My favourite version of this story. Up there with the great Fardy story when the Rebels tried to sign him.

Wallabies international prop Scott Sio has signed a new deal to extend his career with the Plus500 Brumbies for a further three-year commitment.

Sio’s re-commitment to the Brumbies long-term, following Allan Ala'alatoa’s contract extension and playing together with James Slipper, provides the Brumbies with a solid and experienced scrum-base as a vital component for Super Rugby success.

“I am extremely happy to have signed a new contract with the club and Rugby Australia for the next three years and am excited about what lies ahead for me and the team,” the 27-year-old Sio said of his new deal.
Source: https://www.brumbies.com.au/news/2019/05/21/wallaby-sio-signs-extended-deal

"I'm still chasing that Super Rugby title and success at the Brumbies. If I can be a small part of that in the coming years, that's my main goal," Sio said.

"What I want to achieve at the Brumbies is why I stayed and probably why I'm still here in Australian rugby. I won't lie, the opportunity to go overseas, and to live a different lifestyle, was there.

"But we're always chasing success. Not having that at the Brumbies, that's something I want to experience and I want to be a part of it with all of these young guys coming through. I'm really excited about the youth coming through and excited to be a part of their journey.