• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Yeah its going to be an interesting one, losing both Rory and Carter will be a big hit to our pack, but hopefully Swain and 1 other step up. Maybe Laurie can get something out of Neville never seen before or possibly one of the others will kick on.

Other then that who's everyone's pick at 10. Kuenzle probably favorite but Im thinking Lolesio .. unless Pasitoa really impresses in pre-season.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Im also expecting some big things from Solomone Kata but suspect the back 3 will start as Pulu / Banks / Muirhead

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
Imagine losing your starting locks, both of whom are wallabies, after being knocked out in the semi finals. That hasn't happened to the Brumbies since 2003. Can anyone remind me how they fared the following year?

Uh huh

Alfred Walker (16)
Lolesio deserves first crack at flyhalf. I hope they don't panic, and give him at least four games to start with.

I predict that Mack Hansen will get a run either due to injury or rotation, and make himself undroppable.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like the look of Keunzle. Very much in the Handre Pollard mould. He has a well balanced game covering all aspects of No 10 play as far as I can see. Can set up the backline play, can run the ball himself with good pace and a step, can kick in general play and defends like another No 12.

Should be a good bit of competition with Lolesio for the starting spot.

On the wing, I won't be at all surprised if Andrew Muirhead misses out to either Mac Hanson or Tom Wright, though Tom might be the starting No 13. Has to beat Len Ikitau for that spot and maybe Kata when he becomes familiar with the game.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
I think any expectation, or pressure on Lolesio to start Super Rugby in 2020 is premature and reckless.
Give the kid a year to train full time with the squad, get match experience at club level, U20s and NRC at the end of the year.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I think any expectation, or pressure on Lolesio to start Super Rugby in 2020 is premature and reckless.
Give the kid a year to train full time with the squad, get match experience at club level, U20s and NRC at the end of the year.

is he eligible again for 20s next year? He looked very good in both U20s and NRC this year.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

He’s already accomplished all that over the last two seasons.........

I’d say he’s the favourite to start as he has more experience than the other two.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Thanks BJ. Of course, TK has the 13 spot wrapped up. I must have had a Cheika moment and forgot that TK was still around. Sorry TK.

Careful next time you go to get on the light rail, BR....

Tevita.gif

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Good advice BJ. I can attest, however, that having a Cheika moment is a whole lot more disconcerting than having a Seniors' moment.

B

Bobby Sands

Lolesio deserves first crack at flyhalf. I hope they don't panic, and give him at least four games to start with.

I predict that Mack Hansen will get a run either due to injury or rotation, and make himself undroppable.

Looks a clear and obvious 12 to me, but either position a very good player.