• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
It ain't happening. He'll either stay on the wing or move to 12.

You effectively already use him as a centre anyway in attack. Aside from his obvious battering ram skills, his break to get on the outside of his man, was something I haven't seen from Kuridrani in about 3 years.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Eh, I've made my Kuridrani case before, but, in short, I'll take a 13 who can do all the core jobs (defending the 13 channel better than any other 13 in the world, for example) over the League recruit. Where a guy lines up on attack means SFA to me if they aren't the 9 or the 10.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
As I understand, they already did. As did the Rebels. Apparently the lessons of Tyrel Lomax have scared a few Brumbies young guns away from joining the Rebels on the promise of a jersey.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
As I understand, they already did. As did the Rebels. Apparently the lessons of Tyrel Lomax have scared a few Brumbies young guns away from joining the Rebels on the promise of a jersey.

What?

Lomax played 8 games for the Rising in one season then 13 Games for the Rebels with six starts.

You can't say he didn't get a decent crack for a twenty year old prop.

Got called into Wallaby camp while he was at the Rebels then decided he wanted to be a Kiwi and bailed on the 2nd year of his contract.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not necessarily agreeing with it, but what I've been hearing is that some young players were approached by the Rebels but turned down the offer because the Rebels had a reputation for offering starting roles as part of the negotiating strategy and then failing to deliver.

Apparently Lomax was one of the first examples of this, wasn't afraid of telling people about how he was basically guaranteed at least 12 hours of footy and didn't even get 9, how this was the only reason he left the Canberra set up, and now he's almost a cautionary tale for players looking to leave the Brumbies set-up to chase starting positions in their early 20s.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Okay Brumbies Fans if you can't get down to the game for free beer... I dont know what's wrong with you.
Thomson has introduced game-day initiatives for children, set up a new bar area, and even given away free beers this season, but it hasn't worked.

Ive a paid member and my newphew / friends use my seat when I can't get there from Brissy But I still have a full membership even when Im not in the state... never gave me free beer

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Not necessarily agreeing with it, but what I've been hearing is that some young players were approached by the Rebels but turned down the offer because the Rebels had a reputation for offering starting roles as part of the negotiating strategy and then failing to deliver.

Apparently Lomax was one of the first examples of this, wasn't afraid of telling people about how he was basically guaranteed at least 12 hours of footy and didn't even get 9, how this was the only reason he left the Canberra set up, and now he's almost a cautionary tale for players looking to leave the Brumbies set-up to chase starting positions in their early 20s.

Lomax is 23 and has already been in four professional rugby setups. I don't know the bloke but it points to him being a problem.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Lomax is 23 and has already been in four professional rugby setups. I don't know the bloke but it points to him being a problem.
In fairness to him each move has been a clear progression for him.

Brumbies first pro opportunity
Then to Rebels for first team opportunities
Then to Highlanders to chase his dream of representing NZ
Then to Canes to be the focal point of the scrum and push for regular NZ role

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
I wish Lomax the best of luck. Always a polite and professional guy whenever I had any interactions with him, and I hope he has a great career. Has all the promise in the world.