• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2020

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Brumby Runners playing Waratahs A at 4pm Friday 21 Feb. Will be streamed live on Brumbies.rugby.

Team :

1. Bo Abra (Tuggeranong Vikings)
2. Billy Pollard (TBC)
3. Shambeckler Vui (Easts)
4. Darcy Swain (c) (Tuggeranong Vikings)
5. Ryan Smith (TBC)
6. Tom Hooper (Tuggeranong Vikings)
7. Luke Gersekowski (Tuggeranong Vikings)
8. Rory Scott (Royals)
9. Issak Fines (Gungahlin Eagles)
10. Reesjan Pasitoa (Wests)
11. Dennis Waight (Uni-Norths Owls)
12. Issac Henry (Tuggeranong Vikings)
13. Guy Porter (Queanbeyan Whites)
14. Tom Haddad (Gungahlin Eagles)
15. Mack Hansen (Gungahlin Eagles)

Replacements :

16. Davea Teoteo (Queanbeyan Whites)
17. Fred Kaihea (Queanbeyan Whites)
18. Jake Simeon (Tuggeranong Vikings)
19. Zane Marolt (Queanbeyan Whites)
20. Callum MacDonald (Gungahlin Eagles)
21. Zeph Tuinona (Queanbeyan Whites)
22. Lachie Albert (Wests)
23. Corey Toole (Gungahlin Eagles)
24. Luke Rixon (Uni-Norths Owls)

Qld fans might be up in arms about Ryan Smith turning out for the Brumbies. I'm pretty sure he is a Qld boy. Vui and Porter returning home for the game.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumby Runners playing Waratahs A at 4pm Friday 21 Feb. Will be streamed live on Brumbies.rugby.

Team :

2. Billy Pollard (TBC)
5. Ryan Smith (TBC)
8. Rory Scott (Royals)

Replacements :

Qld fans might be up in arms about Ryan Smith turning out for the Brumbies. I'm pretty sure he is a Qld boy. Vui and Porter returning home for the game.

trust us....we're getting used to it...

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
I thought Porter was NS
Team :

2. Billy Pollard (TBC)
5. Ryan Smith (TBC)
8. Rory Scott (Royals)

Replacements :

I thought Porter was NSW?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
And he's returning home to Sydney for this game, only now he's on the winning side.:D
Fair enough. Missed the venue bit:) Mind you he never played for the Tahs but won plenty of comps for Sydney Uni. Vui could claim to be a Force Reds Tahs or Brumbies player

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Anyone else having problems with the live stream? Precisely why streaming is not yet a viable alternative to live TV. The only action since about the 5th minute has been the clock continuing to tick over.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anyone else having problems with the live stream? Precisely why streaming is not yet a viable alternative to live TV. The only action since about the 5th minute has been the clock continuing to tick over.

I can see why you're having more issues with the stream than the Tahs fans.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Lol you're going to compare the rugby.com.au stream to something like Kayo/Optus which would run on something like 1000x the budget? Kayo/Optus are almost flawless.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Tahs A side well on top. 28 - 0 at half time. They are dominant at set piece, at the breakdown and have better handling and attacking skills. The only part of the game where the Runners are at least competitive is in defense, but even there they are not getting off the line with any urgency. With such dominance over the whole of the game, the Tahs really don't need a Saffa referee display to help them along. Penalty count must be heavily in their favour in the first half ..

That said, there are some impressive performances by the Tahs A side. So much more effort and aggression in the forwards than they have shown in a long time in the Super side.

Not impressed with any of the Runners at this stage. Foremost though in the disappointment stakes must be Vui (has he ever scrummaged before?) and Pasitoa who has failed to make his mark and mostly has a pretty sorry kicking game. Mason has it all over him at half time.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Tahs A side well on top. 28 - 0 at half time. They are dominant at set piece, at the breakdown and have better handling and attacking skills. The only part of the game where the Runners are at least competitive is in defense, but even there they are not getting off the line with any urgency. With such dominance over the whole of the game, the Tahs really don't need a Saffa referee display to help them along. Penalty count must be heavily in their favour in the first half ..

That said, there are some impressive performances by the Tahs A side. So much more effort and aggression in the forwards than they have shown in a long time in the Super side.

Not impressed with any of the Runners at this stage. Foremost though in the disappointment stakes must be Vui (has he ever scrummaged before?) and Pasitoa who has failed to make his mark and mostly has a pretty sorry kicking game. Mason has it all over him at half time.
Vui was punted from Tahs for his lack of scrummaging ability. (Pretty big attribute for a front rower imho). I thought he might develop at the Brumbies given their strength in this area, but he stills pack down like the back row convert that he is

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Lol you're going to compare the rugby.com.au stream to something like Kayo/Optus which would run on something like 1000x the budget? Kayo/Optus are almost flawless.

I'm liking Kayo but it has hardly been flawless. Most likely my issue is my own connection - we dont have NBN and 5g is not available. Still, hardly flawless.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
The visit to Japan to play the Sunwolves must be looking very unlikely due to the coronavirus outbreak worsening. Reports coming out about socvcer games being canceled and even doubts about the Olympics, at least as far as teams setting up there prior to the Games starting.

I certainly wouldn't want the Brumbies to go there if there is any risk of contagion at all.