• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies 2021

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Will Miller.jpg

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
The Plus500 Brumbies are delighted to announce that five Brumbies Academy players have been promoted to club’s Super Rugby squad for the 2021 season.

With 27 of the Super Rugby AU championship winning squad retained for 2021, these players will join 14 fellow Brumbies development graduates in Dan McKellar’s squad for next season.

• Rory Scott
  • Luke Reimer
  • Lachlan Albert
  • Billy Pollard
  • Tom Hooper

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
The Plus500 Brumbies are delighted to announce that five Brumbies Academy players have been promoted to club’s Super Rugby squad for the 2021 season.

With 27 of the Super Rugby AU championship winning squad retained for 2021, these players will join 14 fellow Brumbies development graduates in Dan McKellar’s squad for next season.

• Rory Scott
  • Luke Reimer
  • Lachlan Albert
  • Billy Pollard
  • Tom Hooper

Anyone know much about these blokes?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I like the idea of moving Samu back to 7.

With Valentini 6, McCaffrey or some-one else 8.

Jahrome Brown at 7 and Samu at 8. Depth looks a bit shallow in .the backrow. Understand Reimer also plays 7, but not sure if any other recently promoted players fill backrow spots.

Edit: Tom Hooper probably has the build and pace for a 6, but don't know if he's ever played there. Primarily a Lock I believe.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Brumbies have signed two more young players to their Super Rugby squad. Reece Tapine and Archer Holz.

21-year-old Tapine starred as an outside back for Norths Eagles in Brisbane’s Hospital Cup this season, having made the switch from Rugby League where he was part of the Burleigh Bears setup.

Bolstering the Brumbies outside backs stocks, Tapine has the ability to play in the centres or on the wing.

Reece Tapine said: “I’m honoured to be joining the Brumbies.”

“After chatting to Dan (McKellar), I think the Brumbies is where I need to be right now for my development.

“Having a season of Premier Grade rugby under my belt after focusing on league the past couple of seasons, I’m confident I can add to the group down in Canberra.

“Everyone has been very welcoming so far, and I'm looking forward to ripping into preseason.”

20-year-old Tighthead prop Archer Holz was one of the breakout stars of the 2020 Shute Shield competition in Sydney, anchoring the Eastern Suburbs scrum in his maiden first grade season.

Originally from Lightning Ridge, NSW, Holz will look to continue his development in Canberra under the tutelage of Dan McKellar, Laurie Fisher and Set-Piece coach Dan Palmer, alongside current Wallabies props Allan Ala'alatoa, Scott Sio and James Slipper as well as Academy products Tom Ross and Harry Lloyd.

The Nomad

Bob Davidson (42)
Anyone know much about these blokes?
Albert , Hooper and Pollard all played Australian U18’s last year and originally from the Waratahs junior pathways .
Albert a 9 , Hooper a big bodied lock and Pollard a #2 who runs and tackles like a league backrower .

Reimer played Aussie Schools 2018 as a backrower , also from NSW , played a few of the Brumbies A games earlier in the year.