• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies v Cheetahs, Round 8, Saturday 4 April 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yeah, but I'd guess that Sunday to Tuesday absence would be disruptive to the Super squads' training for this weekend's games, at least for those teams playing this weekend.

At this stage of the season a lot of the early week is just recovery anyway, so they will survive

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Scott Sio
4. Blake Enever
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. David Pocock
8. Jarrad Butler
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. James Dargaville
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Henry Speight
14. Joe Tomane
15. Robbie Coleman

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Allan Ala'alatoa
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jordan Smiler
20. Ita Vaea
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lausii Taliauli
23. Nigel Ah Wong

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Mogg hasn't really had a pre-season since his breakout year. He has an amazing boot, and first class speed. Give him a break.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
1. Ben Alexander
2. Stephen Moore (c)
3. Scott Sio
4. Blake Enever
5. Sam Carter
6. Scott Fardy
7. David Pocock
8. Jarrad Butler
9. Nic White
10. Matt To'omua
11. James Dargaville
12. Christian Lealiifano
13. Henry Speight
14. Joe Tomane
15. Robbie Coleman

Replacements
16. Josh Mann-Rea
17. Allan Ala'alatoa
18. Ruan Smith
19. Jordan Smiler
20. Ita Vaea
21. Michael Dowsett
22. Lausii Taliauli
23. Nigel Ah Wong

Not sure I saw it going that way, But Ah Wong must be not fit and Dargaville seen as a winger. I guess getting the ball to Henry more can't ever be bad.. I always thought Tomane would be a 13 before Henry..

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Not sure I saw it going that way, But Ah Wong must be not fit and Dargaville seen as a winger. I guess getting the ball to Henry more can't ever be bad.. I always thought Tomane would be a 13 before Henry..

I think its the ball skills that set them apart. Speight is superb at offloading, and using back-hand passes.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
Is it just an error by the Brumbies media unit, or have Alexander and Sio swapped sides of the scrum? If it is correct, maybe a request from Cheika?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Mate I think the Reds need this at a game, RG can come down and cook sangs at half time while the boys try to forget his weekly instructions and come out the second half with a game plan..

You could probably run a second half snag with Slips as he comes off he comes cooks the bbq.. .. we can call it 'No Red Meat'

Graham just isn't competent enough to be let anywhere near a BBQ. The whole fucking spread would just be underdone. I think he would even top it off by putting the beers in the esky then not adding the ice. Mind you that could be what finally gets him sacked.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Maybe its just the alcohol taking effect but Kafer & the refs made me crack up with that To'omua non-try.

Kafer: Thats a try. Every rugby player in the world would say thats a try. Try all day. Yes try. Refs will give this. A try for all money. Try all day. On the line right there. Try, try, try, try, try.........

Ref: So it's no try, alright, no try. Penalty here.

Kafer: Well this is something the game needs to look at.

Me: LOL.

Brums in control so far 24min in 10-3. Cheetahs have a good chance now line-out 5m out from the try line.

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Is Speight not just a faster Kuridrani anyway? Haven't been watching long enough to see his defence but he seems a good fit for 13.

Can I come and live in Canberra with you guys?

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Half ending with a penalty attempt from in front for the Brumbies. They're getting a fair reward from the scrum.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Mogg on ABC radio announcing his shoulder injury from club rugby last weekend will be another 4-6 weeks out

Status
Not open for further replies.