• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies Vs Chiefs

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wow, great result........ I've been meaning to write about how impressed I was with Reds last night despite their loss, but I really like the way both these teams played this week..........

That flat passing game to players in a good attacking position........ seemed so obvious from a viewer, but god damn - finally!

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
I haven’t seen the game, but what a fantastic result, not only for the Brumbies but for Aus rugby generally in a RWC year. I like what I’ve read and seen about CLL, really happy for him and I hope he continues the rage.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Have to admit haven't seen the game in detail, was sitting here having a beers with mate, but geez the even if Chiefs were pretty ordinary, you have to give it to Brumbies they played bloody well, best I have seen from them in last few years!!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
The Brumbies best game since they put 50 on the Hurricanes 3 years ago.

I predicted a 1 point win to the Brumbies so happy to be proved wrong by 36 points in that regard.

Tom Banks needs to be starting in the Wallabies backline after that display and Christian Lealiifano wound back the clock with a massive display to setup at least 3 of those tries.

I think this week was about getting the execution of their plays right as you could see what they were trying to do last week but the Rebels pressured them too much and this week, the inexperienced Chiefs side just couldn't match it.

I thought the lineout wobbles were coming back back when Mann-Rea came on but that was the only blip and even scored on his birthday and wasn't it good to see the tries scored around between the backs and forwards.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
One observation- the Brumbies kick off receipts/exits were pretty ordinary.

I only mention that because I see that as one of those things that can be easily be turned around in a week.

Add that to the fact that is only week two and the Brumbies have plenty of improvement in them yet.

Great to see Banks in such great form & Lealiifano getting the backline humming.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
How good is Banks. Definitely should be ahead of Maddocks for either the 23 or second wing/fullback gig.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Great win by the Brumbies.

The try that Peni finished where Leali'ifano and Muirhead broke away down the right hand side of the field was special.

Muirhead is really playing well. He plays very physically for someone with his build. Hard to tackle and has a good fend.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Muirhead
Great win by the Brumbies.

The try that Peni finished where Leali'ifano and Muirhead broke away down the right hand side of the field was special.

Muirhead is really playing well. He plays very physically for someone with his build. Hard to tackle and has a good fend.
Muirhead is probably the best footballer out of all our wingers, not the quickest or the the strongest, but he kicks well catches well fends well everything you want in a winger..

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
Muirhead

Muirhead is probably the best footballer out of all our wingers, not the quickest or the the strongest, but he kicks well catches well fends well everything you want in a winger..

Plus he has a footballer's brain. He put himself into position to take the pass, when some others would have stayed outside and run out of room.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Wow, great result.... I've been meaning to write about how impressed I was with Reds last night despite their loss, but I really like the way both these teams played this week....

That flat passing game to players in a good attacking position.... seemed so obvious from a viewer, but god damn - finally!

Finally got to watch it and yep, what a hell of a start for Aus teams with the Brumbies leading the way.

Got to mention the halves - last week I was complaining about Powell's speed and happy with Lea without wanting to call him a good shot at WB10. Wow, what a week makes.

Awesome work Brumbies.