• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Crusaders 6th April - Christchurch Stadium

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Is it bad that, this weekend, my local teams won and I was happy the brumbies had the bye so they couldnt ruin my weekend..

Bobas

Darby Loudon (17)
"David Pocock’s final season with the Brumbies is being crippled by the calf injury he sustained on the opening day of the Wallabies camp in Sydney, with the flanker expected to miss the match against the Crusaders in Christchurch on Saturday."

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Pocock not playing won't help, but I feel that Valetini is a bigger loss based on his form this year.........

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I have this bad feeling we are going to spank the crusaders and all be good.. then go back to being horrible..

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
No chance.......... Brumbies to rest Arnold, Fainga'a and Sio as part of the Wallabies stupid resting policy.

Darcy Swain set to start.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
CruSadists all-AB front row gets its first run-on for the season:

Crusaders: David Havili, Will Jordan, Tim Bateman, Ryan Crotty, Sevu Reece, Richie Mo'unga, Mitchell Drummond, Kieran Read, Matt Todd (captain), Ethan Blackadder, Quinten Strange, Scott Barrett, Owen Franks, Codie Taylor, Joe Moody. Reserves: Ben Funnell, Harry Allan, Michael Ala'alatoa, Sam Whitelock, Jordan Taufua, Bryn Hall, Brett Cameron, Leicester Faingaanuku.​

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Very unsportsmanlike of the Crusaders after the Brumbies rest several of their best forwards.......... shame.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
James SLIPPER
Josh MANN-REA
Allan Ala'alatoa
Darcy SWAIN
Murray DOUGLAS
Pete SAMU
Tom CUSACK
Lachlan MCCAFFREY
Joe POWELL
Christian LEALIIFANO
Toni PULU
Irae SIMONE
Tevita KURIDRANI
Henry SPEIGHT
Tom BANKS
REPLACEMENTS
Connal MCINERNEY
Vunipola FIFITA
Tom ROSS
Sam CARTER
Jahrome BROWN
Matt LUCAS
Jordan JACKSON-HOPE
Andy MUIRHEAD

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Persisting with Cusack at 7. Tom is not a 7 in the usual mode, but more a light weight 6. I would like to see what Brown has to offer while Poey is out.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Paying $11 in a 2 horse race.

If Brums can get their lineout and Maul working, they could best anyone on their day.

And they had the benefit of the Tahs showing them how to play the game against the Saders.

I'm not a big gamler, but don't mind the value on offer.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Persisting with Cusack at 7. Tom is not a 7 in the usual mode, but more a light weight 6. I would like to see what Brown has to offer while Poey is out.

I don't agree...........

Cusack has been playing well at 7 as part of a well balanced combination with Valetini and McCaffrey, and the only other option is Samu who is already in the starting side due to Valetini's absence...........

Brown is only there because of injuries to Pocock, Valetini and Hyne.

I feel that Valetini is a bigger loss than Pocock right now.