• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Brumbies vs Lions. Canberra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I thought the Brumbies should have played much much better, they were very disjointed.

Gits has no runners to put into gaps with Mortlock invisible

I also fail to see why Mortlock is getting pushed to the wing at the end of games.

Epi

Dave Cowper (27)
Valentine MOTM? He was one of the worst on the ground - and that's saying something. :nta:

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I don't understand why everyone is giving Josh such a hard time? He wasn't best on ground by any stretch, but he wasn't worst either. A poor decision down the blind once, a couple of wonky passes (in the wet), what else?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Bleh... The Lions didn't deserve another three cards Louie. Walsh was ok I thought. Brumbies were just poor. Lions were poorer. Not one of the classic games, reminds me of the Reds games from a few years ago where they dragged teams down to a poor level and made the games poor to watch.

I got the impression from a few posts above that Walsh was responsble for the game being por to watch. Not so. Look no further than the two teams involved.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Oh yeah and how about McCabe? Been really impressed with him this year. Lee must be happy as a Rats tragic.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Ash said:
I got the impression from a few posts above that Walsh was responsble for the game being por to watch. Not so. Look no further than the two teams involved.

you thought him resetting scrums for 5 min and doing anything to clean up the break down was great to watch?

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Breakdowns weren't that bad and neither were he scrums once the Lions got their replacements on.

How can you blame the ref for an error ridden Brumbies performance? He didn't make them bomb tries or drop passes or give poor service to their outside backs. They were just up and down.

Actually after just watchn the replay I thought Walsh gave the Brumbies the better of the breakdown.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
louie said:
you thought him resetting scrums for 5 min and doing anything to clean up the break down was great to watch?

did he really reset scrums for 5 mins? He gave penalties and the Brumbies opted for scrums.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah, I didn't think it was a penalty try by any means.

Yellow cards aplenty sure, but penalty try? COuldn't see it.

R

reflex

Brumbies were very poor last night - they seem to have no idea how to get over the try line. Ref helped them over the first time, the second was good play and the third a 50/50 scramble. They could use a few hints from any Rugby League playbook and at least try some bombs, grubbers, bananas etc

The back line never threatens and continuously goes sideways - same as last year. When the Lions lost a player to the bin, they dispensed with a winger - and did the Brumbies go there? Stirling was left on the field for his tacking but it was sad watching him on the wing trying to chase a ball that had been kicked through - he looked like an old slow horse who was well past it!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
reflex said:
They could use a few hints from any Rugby League playbook and at least try some bombs, grubbers, bananas etc

Or actually hold onto the ball and have some patience.

S

Spook

Brumbies were poor. All sides coming back from SA have been shite and the weather was terrible. However, that doesn't excuse the missed opportunities.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Both the Brumbies and Tahs pushed the pass way too often. Hopefully this week they've got their shit together and are over their jet lag.

Scotty

David Codey (61)

Me neither. Who says they were going to score? I was astounded with the decision and I think most of the players on the field were too.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Scotty said:

Me neither. Who says they were going to score? I was astounded with the decision and I think most of the players on the field were too.

I think the ref overstepped his authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.