• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bulls vs Waratahs, 2011R16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Although the Tahs got run down in the end I remember them having a mighty crack in this one last year. I don't think the Tahs will do it but they are capable if they come to the game focussed.

It is make or break time.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Oh the Tahs have every chance but at this point it would be an upset. The Bulls are running hot. Their breakdown work has been excellent and Olivier is making lots of yards as the forwards are getting the ball out quickly, which allows him and the other runners the opportunity to work up a head of steam. Slow the ball down, like most teams did for 8 or so rounds and the Bulls can't force their game plan. Quite simple really.

I just don't think the Tahs without all those players have enough points in them at Loftus against the Bulls who are also forced to now play every game like it's a final.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I think the injuries might be too much to overcome. Waugh, Palu, Kepu, Mitchell, Cross, Horne, Fitzpatrick, presumably Barnes, and the rest -- the list makes ugly reading.

You are 100% right though. It's make or break time for the Waratahs. Unfortunately, history suggests this team is all too brittle.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Unfortunatley the loss of Kepu was probably the nail in the coffin for their finals chances... I hate to say it but I think the Bulls might win this one by a very large margin.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I'd love to see the tahs come away with 5 points but it will take a radical increase in the execution of basic skills if they are to pull it off.

Wonder if hicky will give link a call and ask him for some pointers on successfully beating the bulls.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'd love to see the tahs come away with 5 points but it will take a radical increase in the execution of basic skills if they are to pull it off.

Wonder if hicky will give link a call and ask him for some pointers on successfully beating the bulls.

Pretty easy to beat the Brutes. You need to match them physically up front and try and dominate the exchanges. When their forwards start to back paddle they'r dead meat.

S

StonerJack

Pretty easy to beat the Brutes. You need to match them physically up front and try and dominate the exchanges. When their forwards start to back paddle they'r dead meat.

This is the key to winning this game. Need to smash their fowards and defend like the world is going to end if they cross the line then run through them when their tired legs give way. Waratahs need to play tough rugby though. If they play like they did against the Shoorkees the Bulls will get on the front foot early and dominate for 80 minutes.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)

Question is whether or not nsw are capable stepping up gear long enough to wear the bulls down and if in doing so they will just wear themselves out. I think if the tahs are to win they need to keep the ball in hand and make the bulls tackle them.

The aimless poorly executed mid field kicks (which the bulls will thrive on), must be shunned or else I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel for the tahs.

T

TheNextBigThing

This game has the potential to showcase some of the ugliest rugby of the year. Waratahs will play to their strengths which is their defensive pattern, they'll boot it to hell and make the Bulls work for every yard, hoping they'll get tired and sloppy.

I won't complain if we win. Or even if we come up short. It's our only realistic option.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This game has the potential to showcase some of the ugliest rugby of the year. Waratahs will play to their strengths which is their defensive pattern, they'll boot it to hell and make the Bulls work for every yard, hoping they'll get tired and sloppy.

I won't complain if we win. Or even if we come up short. It's our only realistic option.

You're completely wrong. It will be a high scoring affair.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Question is whether or not nsw are capable stepping up gear long enough to wear the bulls down and if in doing so they will just wear themselves out. I think if the tahs are to win they need to keep the ball in hand and make the bulls tackle them.

The aimless poorly executed mid field kicks (which the bulls will thrive on), must be shunned or else I don't see much light at the end of the tunnel for the tahs.
The Tahs was pretty close with it against the Sharks. They dominate the scrums with John Smit and the moment Beast step up it all changed. Against the Brutes it will have to be at the lineouts and rucks aswell. You dont want them to get the ball. The Tin Ears showed the Brutes dont defend well out wide. Dunno if the Tahs have the kettle.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
The Tahs was pretty close with it against the Sharks. They dominate the scrums with John Smit and the moment Beast step up it all changed. Against the Brutes it will have to be at the lineouts and rucks aswell. You dont want them to get the ball. The Tin Ears showed the Brutes dont defend well out wide. Dunno if the Tahs have the kettle.

Pakalani is quick out wide but he has butter fingers. But the ball hardly gets past cater and turner in the centres anyway so it wont make much difference. What is halangahu's long passing game like?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
The Tahs was pretty close with it against the Sharks. They dominate the scrums with John Smit and the moment Beast step up it all changed. Against the Brutes it will have to be at the lineouts and rucks aswell. You dont want them to get the ball. The Tin Ears showed the Brutes don't defend well out wide. Dunno if the Tahs have the kettle.

Actually Paarl I though the Sharks youngster at TH settled their scrum down more so than the Beast. Never heard of the kid, can't even remember his name though. Please don't tell me he comes from Paarl :)

The Cheetahs found space out wide late in the game. The reason for this is that vd Heever must be one of the dumbest wingers defensively and keep drifting out, rushing up, or coming in when he should do the opposite, I thought the Bulls looked tired in the last 15 but the pace was pretty high up to then. Get fresh quick back rowers on late in the game against the Bulls.

PS Ashley Johnson is playing himself right into Bok contention. Pity he's so bloody short.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Actually Paarl I though the Sharks youngster at TH settled their scrum down more so than the Beast. Never heard of the kid, can't even remember his name though. Please don't tell me he comes from Paarl :)

The Cheetahs found space out wide late in the game. The reason for this is that vd Heever must be one of the dumbest wingers defensively and keep drifting out, rushing up, or coming in when he should do the opposite, I thought the Bulls looked tired in the last 15 but the pace was pretty high up to then. Get fresh quick back rowers on late in the game against the Bulls.

PS Ashley Johnson is playing himself right into Bok contention. Pity he's so bloody short.
Wiaan Herbst, not from Paarl, he is from Klerksdorp and the Sharks youth teams. Our Ginga, Kitshoff gave him a bit of a workout in the Vodda semis. Eugene van Staden the starting TH is from Boland tho, Bredasdorper. Rossouw de Klerk is from Paarl and he look now ready to rumble. Had a good session against the Tin Ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.