• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Bush2Bledisloe - Wallabies Hit The Road

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Qantas Wallabies announce 'Bush2Bledisloe' country road trip in lead-up to Bledisloe Cup

The Qantas Wallabies pursuit of their first Bledisloe Cup triumph since 2002 will this year start in country New South Wales, with the team to embark on a five-day rural road trip through Dubbo, Orange, Bathurst and Penrith from Monday 4 August.

The new ‘Bush2Bledisloe’ team initiative was created by Qantas Wallabies coach Ewen McKenzie and will bring passionate NSW country supporters closer to the national team than ever before with a range of community activities planned during each stage of the tour.

Fans in all four communities will get a unique opportunity to meet their Qantas Wallabies heroes as part of daily open training and fan activity sessions and will also get the chance to see and hold-up the prestigious Bledisloe Cup.

The Bush2Bledisloe road trip will also offer McKenzie’s squad a vastly different working environment as they prepare for their opening Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship and Bledisloe Cup Test against New Zealand in Sydney on Saturday 16 August.

“If you continue to repeat the same processes over and over again you can’t expect to get a different result, so I’m excited to be taking the playing group outside of their normal confines as we prepare for the opening Bledisloe Cup,” McKenzie said.

“We’re only going to improve by coming up with new solutions and by developing Bush2Bledisloe we’re creating an environment which is the inverse of what was done in the past.

“That same mindset applies to how we interact with our regional supporters and I really believe our national team should be engaging fans outside of our main cities.

“For this reason it was really important that the team created its own initiative to give back to the community.

“The reality is we expect these fans to come and watch us play, so we need to make the same commitment by bringing the game and the Qantas Wallabies to them.

“Sport plays such a huge role in the spirit of regional communities and club Rugby in many areas is the heartbeat of the town. Our squad will get the opportunity to witness that first-hand and I’ve got no doubt they will get just as much out of the experience as our fans.

“This is a major team initiative we are committed to making a huge success over a long period and we already have plans in place to develop the concept in new country areas next year.”

Qantas Wallabies and NSW Waratahs flyer Israel Folau said he was thrilled about the opportunity to be based in regional New South Wales.

“It’s no secret that I have a strong connection to the Western Sydney area and from all reports Rugby has a really passionate fan base throughout all of regional New South Wales,” Folau said.

“If I’m lucky enough to be part of the Australian squad at the time, the road trip is something that I, and all the guys, would relish being part of.

“It’s a great concept that will help our preparation before taking on the All Blacks and will give us a chance to reward our regional supporters for their ongoing and passionate support.”

A full schedule of the Qantas Wallabies Bush2Bledisloe opening training session and community engagement activities will be released in the lead-up to the opening Bledisloe Cup.

Tickets for the opening Bledisloe Cup and all 2014 Castrol EDGE Rugby Championship matches will go on sale to the general public from 9am, Tuesday 24 June through Ticketek.

Qantas Wallabies - Bush2Bledisloe Dates
• Monday 4 August – Dubbo
• Tuesday 5 August – Orange
• Wednesday 6 August – Bathurst
• Thursday 7 August – Bathurst
• Friday 8 August – Penrith

http://www.rugby.com.au/News/NewsAr...ry-road-trip-in-lead-up-to-Bledisloe-Cup.aspx

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Great Initiative reminds me of when the All Blacks sent their players out to different farms around the country before the 87 RWC

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
If the ARU wanted to do something different, then it could organise to play the FIRST game at Suncorp Stadium where we actually have a decent record.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Canberra would be nice.. but hey we already bat above our weight

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Seems a great idea, but since when was Penrith in the bush? Nonetheless, would be an opportunity for the Rams to train alongside the Wallabies and perhaps put on a bit of an exhibition game to promote both the Testa and the NRC out 'west'.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If the ARU wanted to do something different, then it could organise to play the FIRST game at Suncorp Stadium where we actually have a decent record.

Canberra would be nice.. but hey we already bat above our weight

You two sound like you should be over in the NRC thread complaining that it doesn't look like you wanted.

Seems a great idea, but since when was Penrith in the bush?

You clearly don't understand Sydney Rugby. Go to google maps and locate the suburbs of Wolli Creek and North Ryde, drawing a straight line between the two, then parallel lines from those two suburbs to the coast.

Anything outside that shape is "The Bush" according to the haves.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
You two sound like you should be over in the NRC thread complaining that it doesn't look like you wanted.

You clearly don't understand Sydney Rugby. Go to google maps and locate the suburbs of Wolli Creek and North Ryde, drawing a straight line between the two, then parallel lines from those two suburbs to the coast.

Or alternatively we can call penrith bush and leave the most successful region in rugby out

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
@Pfitzy here among the "Haves", we don't know "The Bush". It got lost in all the Brazilians and manscaping ages ago. :p

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Or taking a line from the NRC, Woollahra and Randwick are also part of the bush?

M

Muttonbird

What's the pub scene like in Dubbo at 4:00am? Guess we'll find out next year.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Penrith is clearly the country.

You need to use an area code in front of the number to call there from Sydney.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That is correct now, but before they changed it, you had to dial 047 to get Penrith.

My point stands. Penrith has a different area code to Sydney!

Living in the past. Just like the rest of them in the Golden (Shower) Triangle...

Status
Not open for further replies.