• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Goyu Goodthing

Frank Nicholson (4)
My prediction for the Knox firsts next year:
1 Conner Grindle
2 Nick Rowel
3 Alex Cole
4 Hugh Margin
5 Lachlan Begg
6 Lachlan Swinton
7 Harry Chapman
8 Milan Basson
9 Tim Webber
10 Lio Bosh
11 Jack Kane
12 Jo Williams
13 Micheal Wright
14 James Armstrong
15 David Stenning
I would include a few of the talented u16s as potentials on this list. They are almost undefeated for 3 x seasons now: Frost, Cutrone and Woodcock might all be contenders for positions in 1sts.

William

Allen Oxlade (6)
Too
I would include a few of the talented u16s as potentials on this list. They are almost undefeated for 3 x seasons now: Frost, Cutrone and Woodcock might all be contenders for positions in 1sts.
too early for Frost , woodcock and cutrone. Frost is a pin and will need to bulk up although with some of the body mass programs they have at Knox he will be ready in year 11. Cutrone a maybe .

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
maybe tom Humphrey...looks like a very big number 8. did better than frost at no 8 when frost was injured.

your right though this cohort is the team to beat in the future. 3 years running, one dubious defeat at queens park with injury time killing the game

all the boys training in the high performance unit and been told to bulk up

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
CAS 2015 draw available? Cloaked in secrecy ...

Why is the Knox website so uninformative?!

As usual CAS and GPS way out of sync ... with AAGPS Athletics now deep into CAS rugby season..

... Knox to play understrength Joeys on 21 March? Waves to play the St Augustines powerhouse?

Based on recent form think I'd rather see Joeys take on St Augustines across all the grades ... and be nice to say see a Scots v Waverley and Knox versus Oakhill.

Why are the administrators always such muppets, and no one likes my ideas :(

Back to the summer hibernation and the KFC all-you-can choke on cricket-athon ;)

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Suggestions that GPS aths will be moved to the back end of the year. That allows GPS rugby it start earlier which could see more of the traditional CAS v GPS trial games. It would be good to see if true.

Brainstrust

Watty Friend (18)
Didn't think I would have to say not in 2015 as the calenders are already out. My mail is 2016 and it has been agreed by heads of schools. Of course until it's in print it ain't done.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Didn't think I would have to say not in 2015 as the calenders are already out. My mail is 2016 and it has been agreed by heads of schools. Of course until it's in print it ain't done.

That was precisely the point: the only fixtures list printed is for 2015 and it maintains the status quo. Everything else merely repeats the rumours of prior years.
I'd be interested to know what the rationale for moving it is - though I think it would be better if it were moved to line up with CAS and everyone else in both rugby and athletics.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Ask and you shall receive! 99% sure Waves have locked in not only a Scots trial but also Newighton and their annual Riverview and Augustine's Trials. Waverley are in huge contention this year. Pre-season is like none before, starting early and going hard, and focussing on the issues that need to be addressed! Cheers.
Interesting mail ... Have you likely dates on the mentioned gps trial games, as gather scots 7s is on 28 march 2015?

Think knox should be strong, despite some superstars disappearing ... Interesting re Cornish being back ... If that is so, think waves, fair chance.

Waves training at st Catherine's ... Care of major construction works ... Could be the difference

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Interesting mail . Have you likely dates on the mentioned gps trial games, as gather scots 7s is on 28 march 2015?

Think knox should be strong, despite some superstars disappearing . Interesting re Cornish being back . If that is so, think waves, fair chance.

Waves training at st Catherine's . Care of major construction works . Could be the difference

Can assure you all this information is coming from a very reliable source. Will let you know what dates these trails are. Not sure what you mean when you refer to Waves training at St Caths, as this isn't true?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can assure you all this information is coming from a very reliable source. Will let you know what dates these trails are. Not sure what you mean when you refer to Waves training at St Caths, as this isn't true?
I was just being a wag ... As I know that some of basketball fixtures are being held at st Catherine's ... But in all seriousness, waverley needs a good pre season, as by most accounts, last year wasn't great, and no one wants to see a repeat of last years st Augustine's cricket score

Would love to see st Augustine's 15as play some of the more fancied gps teams, however scots will be glengarry depleted, newington will remain affected by stars playing up an age, so that just leaves maybe joeys or kings ... But they aren't that much chop

Anyway I digress ... Think knox should be considered favorites in 2015, IMHO ... Be curious to know what there win rate has been in recent years ... I know joeys was 80% in 2014

brownie24

Stan Wickham (3)
Funny you say that about Waves training twice a week or whatever. but Knox looking strong having 3 gym sessions a week followed by a pool recovery session and then having a sprints and fitness day and then a skills day. inside word is that they have trained from october all the way through to a week prior Xmas and now have already gone back to training... Cannot wait for the Waves vs Knox match .

Status
Not open for further replies.