• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

GnG is not responsible for the CAS site and therefore we as bloggers cannot clarify if it is up to date or not.

If we cannot confirm that site is correct and has been updated with events of 2018 then we should hold our thoughts and not focus on the student in question.

This is a issue that is decided by the headmasters and not us.

Anyway we should all move on.

The thing about Rules is: they are transparent for all to see and follow.
If the Headmasters have acted outside of the Rules they have set a precedent.
It will be interesting what the different School Coaches and Sports masters say about this issue.

The Rules are up to date:
  • The student must have been enrolled at the school for the February Census date for year 10 of their cohort (for 2018 they must have been at the school in year 10 in 2016)

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
12391070_917841024951405_7560913917207785932_n.jpg

S

sidelineview

Irrelevant.
Rules are there to create an even playing field and a fair competition where no player or team gains an unfair advantage.
Its about as simple as that.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Irrelevant.
Rules are there to create an even playing field and a fair competition where no player or team gains an unfair advantage.
Its about as simple as that.

NOTE: the following is regarding week in, week out school competition. Not representative honors.

Actually SLV, it's not as "simple as that" Each child attends school for an education first. Just because one child did not achieve the academic potential by a specific date, is it your suggestion they be excluded from participation. Think about the emotional damage that could place on a child at possibly the most stressful time in their young lives (i.e HSC)

Speaking from bitter experience, even 1st XV players get bullied. And it wouldn't be a stretch that some kids would simply have a go "You can't play because you're too old and dumb" Or is it ok as long as they don't play 1st or 2nd XV. Think about the ramifications of a player like that play 3rds.

The fact this is all out on a Couch Coach's forum means it would have been fully canvassed by all CAS schools, headmasters and actual coaches. Whatever is on the website, I'll bet you a lawyers long lunch that there's so much we don't know. So speculation on the black and white of said rules is futile, at best.

Reactions: WLF
S

sidelineview

All emotional arguments aside, Rules are what they are and are there to be followed.
If the wording of the Rules on the CAS website need to be changed/clarified, then so be it.
The decision's been made and it would be interesting to know the reasoning behind it.

It's nothing personal against the player or Barker, but acting outside of Rules, or seeming to, sets a precedent which carries over to future seasons.

S

sidelineview

With CAS u16’s next week, when are the 16’s announced? Normally they come through after the south harbour north harbour game?

They scrapped the N-S Harbour game last year or maybe the year before.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I make no comment at all on the age of any current player. But this discussion reminds me that in 1981, the Shore captain was picked to played Australian Schoolboys on the tour to Britain. But he needed to be under 19 on 1 January, and he had to drop out when it was discovered that he was born a few minutes before midnight on.... 31 December.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I make no comment at all on the age of any current player. But this discussion reminds me that in 1981, the Shore captain was picked to played Australian Schoolboys on the tour to Britain. But he needed to be under 19 on 1 January, and he had to drop out when it was discovered that he was born a few minutes before midnight on.. 31 December.

Mike Amos?

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think Shore was notorious for having repeaters ... under the oversight of Jika Travers

but only Joeys took it so far as to have father/son link-ups ... just jokes

but back to CAS ... and this weekend

I think the Barker v Trinity game , has to be match of the CAS round ... as there are a few CAS spots possibly up for grabs

the half backs ... Chambers v Tejcek

the hookers ... Pollard v Hawkes

the various front rows .. Ginis v Collision Lambert v

Ilias in the centers whether his being picked in NSW 1 in 2017 holds incumbency

however I'll be an interested observer of Waverley v Aloys

as Aloys has been the boogie team for this Waverley age group ... and I am interested to reach 2 conclusions

who deserves the breakaway spot that is up for grabs ... Murphy or Molloy ( I figure Moretti and Reimer have 2 backrow spots stitched up)

and whether any of the Aloys backs should be in CAS 1 ... Westbury (15) versus his opposing number .. Pollack (10) v Andrews (10) .. Hampton (13) v Mildford

S

sidelineview

I make no comment at all on the age of any current player. But this discussion reminds me that in 1981, the Shore captain was picked to played Australian Schoolboys on the tour to Britain. But he needed to be under 19 on 1 January, and he had to drop out when it was discovered that he was born a few minutes before midnight on.. 31 December.

One minute; one day; one week; one month.
They should have been aware of the cut off date well beforehand.

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
Programs were available for tomorrows rugby fixture at tonights Cranbrook v Knox Soccer match, some interesting decisions. Knox missing a few players - missing both second rows injured (yates & williams) and halfs (constable (9) & piper (10) ) - piper dropped to seconds at 10 & constable seems to be out injured . Could this be the wooden spoon match?

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Programs were available for tomorrows rugby fixture at tonights Cranbrook v Knox Soccer match, some interesting decisions. Knox missing a few players - missing both second rows injured (yates & williams) and halfs (constable (9) & piper (10) ) - piper dropped to seconds at 10 & constable seems to be out injured . Could this be the wooden spoon match?

Who's at 9 and 10? Darcy Fitzgerald maybe?

Yes, big chance the loser will be spooners.

Status
Not open for further replies.