• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
If there are two lads who I hope will 'tear it up' at Nationals it is Paterson and Clunies-Ross.

Both have been unlucky (for different reasons) IMO!

Let's hope they both get decent opportunities to show what they can do.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
If there are two lads who I hope will 'tear it up' at Nationals it is Paterson and Clunies-Ross.

Both have been unlucky (for different reasons) IMO!

So with Clunies-Ross on the bench for NSW 1s & Paterson starting at 15 for combined states, you'd have to think that Paterson has a better opportunity to impress, despite being a "cast off" or do NSW reserves get picked AFTER combined states?

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
So with Clunies-Ross on the bench for NSW 1s & Paterson starting at 15 for combined states, you'd have to think that Paterson has a better opportunity to impress, despite being a "cast off" or do NSW reserves get picked AFTER combined states?

i'd like to believe it doesn't matter, and that all that counts now is what they do on the field...

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
i'd like to believe it doesn't matter, and that all that counts now is what they do on the field.

Sorry - think you missed my point - Yes - what they do on the field should always be the only issue, BUT (and it's a huge but), one might assume that a starting player will have more opportunity to shine than a player reliant on coming on from the bench.

Bill McLean (32)
Sorry - think you missed my point - Yes - what they do on the field should always be the only issue, BUT (and it's a huge but), one might assume that a starting player will have more opportunity to shine than a player reliant on coming on from the bench.

Yes i would have to agree here too. The starting player is always going to have more chances to shine!

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
Unless I'm mistaken, it's Trinity and Newington this week. This used to be a big game in the calendar for Trinity, but less so these days as both schools tend to rest representative players. Cameron Orr will be missing for Trinity (can't see him backing up at 6pm for the Aust Schools game v Tonga) and it would be no surprise if Newington rests (at least) its Australia A players, Pryor-Lees and Milne. Last year it was Newington, 15-14, scoring both their tries while Trinity had two players in the bin. On form this year it's hard not to think that Newington will win it rather more easily. Any news on who is and isn't playing?

J

Justin Macline

38-0 to Oakhill, deserved winners for being dominant in the forwards and playing smarter rugby using their size against the smaller Waverley pack. Waverley had few regular 1st XV players with 2nds and 3rds players making up the other positions. This made for a pretty disjointed performance in attack and defence while the backline got very few opportunities

R

rugbyman123

Just heard it was 38-0? Oakhill dominant across the park with 4 of their 1's out.

Waverley was actually missing 7 of its regular 1st XV, with 2 regular starters playing less than half a game against Oakhill

no9

Ted Fahey (11)
Waverley was actually missing 7 of its regular 1st XV, with 2 regular starters playing less than half a game against Oakhill

It doesn't matter as neither team was at full capacity, it was just a hit out to blow off some of the rust that schoolboy rugby programming creates.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)

Please. Why is it whenever Oakhill beats a CAS team (Aloysius, Knox, Barker, Waverly this year alone) the old 'we had 47 players out' excuse gets trotted out. Oakhill had players out too. So if we accept that both teams were under strength, what does it say about the depth and spirit? At least Justin Maclean had the integrity to acknowledge Oakhill's performance.

J

Justin Macline

i think patterson, farley, cupitt-osbourne, budrodeen, koutsoukis and hooper were the only regulars out there and they only played limited time but i believe Waverley could have done some damage with those players including those who have 1sts experience and a state-level sprinter on the left wing. Oakhill however managed to contain the backline with some superb forwards play exploiting Waverley's weaknesses

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Please. Why is it whenever Oakhill beats a CAS team (Aloysius, Knox, Barker, Waverly this year alone) the old 'we had 47 players out' excuse gets trotted out. Oakhill had players out too. So if we accept that both teams were under strength, what does it say about the depth and spirit? At least Justin Maclean had the integrity to acknowledge Oakhill's performance.

Only Cranbrook and Trinity to beat and then Oakhill could take out the CAS Premiership undefeated.;)

Bill McLean (32)
Only Cranbrook and Trinity to beat and then Oakhill could take out the CAS Premiership undefeated.;)

I cannot agree Jarse, from my assessment that would make Auggies the 'Premiers' by default by virtue of sheer representative number in the ISA teams this year :D :D :D

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
There's no doubt that St Augustines and Oakhill are very good Rugby schools that would perform very well in the Associated Schools competition. yes CAS walloped ISA pretty easily. What conclusions can be drawn from this, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.