• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyhalf

Frank Row (1)
St Aloysius 30 def Cranbrook 10. Aloys opened the scoring and stayed ahead throughout despite a red card to captain Harry Williams 3 minutes before half-time for what most at the ground considered to be an affectionate and endearing head massage of an opposition player. 4 tries to 2 with the 2nd Cranbrook try on the bell, the Williams send-off, as is often the case, galvanised the Aloys pack, in particular, and the boys in blue and gold never looked like coming away with anything other than a win. Luke Vevers controlled play from 10 and set the back-line alight with flat passes and deft kicking, it was a good win to end the season.

cavey

Frank Row (1)
In the U16's competition, in both the A's and B's Cranbrook were CAS Premiers, with both teams going 9/10. (However B's only lost to Joey's C's as Aloys B's weren't at a good enough standard to be played). Promising signs for the future.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
Barker played a strong 1st half howeve Knox deprived access to the ball during the second half and held of the 1 point at the end. Credit to both teams for a solid game that re enforces the unpredictable rivalry. Barker held their heads down but lifted their spirit as their crowd out numbered Knox and reminded them of the premiership. Creely, Stoltz, Flaherty all played well

rtd32

Larry Dwyer (12)
an overcast day at Knox yesterday saw the biggest upset of the season. I'm sorry to say that I, along with many dedicated Barker supporters, could not help but walk out of the Knox grounds with an overarching bitterness. There is no discredit to the boys on the field, each and every one of them showed outstanding commitment and skill. But Knox had a point to prove, and they must be congratulated on their sheer determination to overcome a 12 point deficit at half time to keep Barker scoreless in the second half of the game (the first time this has been done all season). Well done to the Knox boys, a memorable last game for both teams. Barker walked away champions to the applause of the crowd but I couldn't help but agree with a spectator beside me who I heard say "jeez it would have been nice to get a win today though".

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
given the season is over before I reveal my true identiy I'd be interested to know either what school ppl think I'm from or anything they wanna say about 'eshayz' or who I am. Just for fun.

Man on the hill

Alex Ross (28)
given the season is over before I reveal my true identiy I'd be interested to know either what school ppl think I'm from or anything they wanna say about 'eshayz' or who I am. Just for fun.

no - coz unless your John Howard, Pauline Hanson, Julia Gollard or John Oneil himself - we couldn't care.

Eshayz

Sydney Middleton (9)
gee I'm getting offended! ha. and no. unfortunately I have zero income. Ok well I'll stay put an come back next season

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

The rules of Gaggerland preclude playing the man. I will restrain myself and comply.

The sun comes up in the East and goes down in the West. Has done for a long time, and will continue to do so for a fair while yet. CAS has been around for a while, and has a few more years to go

If you have something valuable to contribute, then continue to do so.

If you are so narcissistic that it has to be all about you, rather than the footy, then perhaps Facebook and twitter are the better spaces for you to occupy.

Up to you really.

Whether you are known in Gaggerland by your birth name or your chosen avatar name matters little to most if not all.

T

talentScout

great game of attacking rugby waverly vs trinity, thought it would of been closer then what the score showed, waves just wanted it more, standouts trinity: 1,3,15 waverly:7,10,11,15

G

G&GR News Bot

And so Barker stumbled at the last hurdle, dropping a comfortable half-time lead to lose to Knox by just a single point. This was, if it makes any sense, an upset without actually being a surprise. Barker went into the game as unbeatable premiers and Knox was placed fourth of six, but the local rivalry

Click this link to read the full article...

Status
Not open for further replies.