• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Yes. 1 coach is now Sports Master at Trinity.
Guess if you can't beat them, buy them!
Not sure if other coach is continuing.
Ok got you, I'm interested to know do the schools only employ teachers as coaches of the First XV or do they outsource? If so what kind of money is being spent on rugby programs at this level?

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barkley-Brown,Fish,Corias,McLennan and Nugyen are all worth consideration.
Fish I'm not sure because of watson from Knox Barkley brown i do believe will be in. Will be tough for Corias. A good chance for McLennan but not to sure about Nguyen what's he like ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
School has been back for a week or two.

Any player movements, gains, losses, injuries or returns from injuries?

Are we looking at a Barker/Waves show again, with Trinity and Knox fighting for the bronze and Cranbrook and Aloys pulling a game or two out of the bag to surprise the form guide?

doinBRA

Bob McCowan (2)
i will cut off my left testical if waverley end up in the bottom half of table!
you retards obviously dont know anything.. every year you say waverley dont have 'star' players and yet the waverley lads suprise everyone. this year will be NO DIFFERENT!
cranbrook have nothin to offer and neither do aloys!
come to your sences, history shows waverley have not been in bottom half in decades...
your all fruitloops if you think otherwise and must be watchin a different CAS comp..
please tell me if i am wrong?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
you retards obviously dont know anything.. every year you say waverley dont have 'star' players and yet the waverley lads suprise everyone. this year will be NO DIFFERENT!
come to your sences, history shows waverley have not been in bottom half in decades.
your all fruitloops if you think otherwise and must be watchin a different CAS comp..
1. Welcome aboard - maybe try conversing with some civility, if you really wish to hang around? And no, I'm not kidding.
2. If you really wish to point the "you retard" finger, you might try a bit of spell-checking and so on, unless, of course, you're a master of irony.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
come to your sences, history shows waverley have not been in bottom half in decades.

Can't spell, can't read. I believe HJ was suggesting Waverley might be in top 2!

The Oracle

Stan Wickham (3)
No doubt doinBRA's parents will be thrilled they shelled out their hard earned to educate their son at Waverley ! Looks like he mixed up his three Rs with Rugby, Ridiculous and Retched. Good luck to all the Schoolboys that will represent their Schools this season. The rabid ex students should probably find something else to do on Saturday afternoons.

casrugby12

Allen Oxlade (6)
this is true.

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
The CAS schedule for this year. It order seems awfully similar to the that from last year. Which had an eerie resemblance to that of 2012.

CAS WINTER 2014 Draw
CAS Rd # 1 – Sat 3rd May
St. Aloysius’ v Cranbrook
Barker v Knox
Trinity v Waverley

CAS Rd # 2 – Sat 10th May
St. Aloysius’ v Trinity
Cranbrook v Barker
Knox v Waverley

CAS Rd # 3 – 17th May
Barker v St. Aloysius
Waverley v Cranbrook
Trinity v Knox

CAS Rd # 4 – 24th May
Knox v St. Aloysius
Waverley v Barker
Cranbrook v Trinity
CAS Rd # 5 – 31st May
St. Aloysius v Waverley
Barker v Trinity
Cranbrook v Knox

CAS Rd # 6 – 14th June
Trinity v St. Aloysius
Barker v Cranbrook
Waverley v Knox

CAS Rd # 7 – 19th July
St. Aloysius v Barker
Cranbrook v Waverley
Knox v Trinity

CAS Rd # 8 – 26th July
St. Aloysius v Knox
Barker v Waverley
Trinity v Cranbrook

CAS Rd # 9 - 2nd August
Waverley v St. Aloysius
Trinity v Barker
Knox v Cranbrook

CAS Rd # 10 – 9th August
Cranbrook v St. Aloysius
Knox v Barker
Waverley v Trinity

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I want to know if what I hear is true about Knox now having 300 kids per year in each year starting from this Year 7 year group. With size and increasing talent pools - fair competition will surely be reduced severely ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snort

Nev Cottrell (35)
I want to know if what I hear is true about Knox now having 300 kids per year in each year starting from this Year 7 year group. With size and increasing talent pools - fair competition will surely be reduced severely ..

I have no way of knowing whether this is true or not. But for as long as anyone can remember, the Associated Schools competition has been affected by the disparity in the size of the schools. It goes some way to explaining why Cranbrook and St Aloysius, these days, will usually struggle to make an impact in the 1st XV competition.

I wouldn't assume, however, that it's a straight-line relationship. Even if Knox filled its years with 300 boys, many of them would be soccer players, or swimmers who played no other sport, or AFL, or volleyball, or any one of the other options now available.

Most schools begin full-on training this week. Any news?

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I have no way of knowing whether this is true or not. But for as long as anyone can remember, the Associated Schools competition has been affected by the disparity in the size of the schools. It goes some way to explaining why Cranbrook and St Aloysius, these days, will usually struggle to make an impact in the 1st XV competition.

I wouldn't assume, however, that it's a straight-line relationship. Even if Knox filled its years with 300 boys, many of them would be soccer players, or swimmers who played no other sport, or AFL, or volleyball, or any one of the other options now available.

Most schools begin full-on training this week. Any news?

True I would expect a relative linearity though in terms of rugby numbers. I feel sorry for Cranbrook and Aloys boys with size going to be an issue with less players to work with. I wouldn't want to be out there these days

Elfster

Dave Cowper (27)
Most schools begin full-on training this week. Any news?[/quote]

I will try to get a table of material from the GPS 2014 forum. There seems to be some trials over there mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.