• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
CAS team,

Have a look at the NSW AAGPS 2016 thread,

I have floated an idea, not new though, about having an end of year grand final play-off by age group of the top CAS vs GPS schools.
Designed to do lots of good things for the junior game, and "good cause" beneficiaries.

Keen for your thoughts.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Trinity v Aloys - we may not have a writer for this game; so if anybody goes to it/went to it could they please out a few bullet points in here please?

Thank you.

WavesToWin

Chris McKivat (8)
Waverley beat Knox in the 2s by 10+ - score may have been along the lines of 32-18. Waverley currently up 19-0 vs Knox in the 1s In the middle of the 1st half. I've counted 7 linebreaks to 1. Almost an exact replay of the 1st round matchup.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
In a tight game Crsnbrook lead Barker 14/12. Two tries a piece. Both teams throwing themselves into the contest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
Waverley up 26-7 at the half, after a great last minute try through a lot of traffic to respond to Knox's try.

Only caught the last two tries but seemingly far closer than the early part

moa999

Fred Wood (13)
And 26-21 after another Knox forwards try at about the 25 mark. Possession very much with Knox this half but Waverley is doing a very good job containing Knox back line.

Waverley attacks on kickoff and get in penalty position but lose the ball and kicked back to half.

stan jurd

Bob McCowan (2)
aloys v trinity
game of two halves
trinity lead 26-0 at halftime
aloys won 2nd half 12-7 and left a few tries on the park--two tries held up over the line
trinity win 33-12
Aloys unlucky not to get a penalty try first 2 mins of game where player held back from jumping on ball in goal by player with 2 hands,should have been yellow card and penalty try--right in front of ref but penalty only!!!!!
trinity responded with some good tries in their backs ,seemed to create overlap easily and repeatably to blow out to 26-0.Good to see Aloys fight back 2nd half scoring 2 and denied 2 tries,having many players off injured in 2nd half..trinity held on for well deserved win at home

BRUMBIEJACK

Larry Dwyer (12)
Waverley v Knox lived up to expectations. The first half was nearly a carbon copy of the trip to the upper north shore. Waverley had the bulk of possession in the first half and threw it around with high risk/high return offloads that stuck. Scoring on halftime had them up 26-7. The weight of possession shifted dramatically on the second half and Knox dominated for long periods. Their tries were largely of the pick and drive variety but this time Waverley's forwards matched them in ways they didn't in the first round so the North Shore team was unable to gain too much momentum. They scored regularly but were never really able to put their stamp on the game due to dogged defence from Waverley.

The Knox lineout was a shadow of its former self which took away a weapon that had been so damaging in the first round; Waverley won a manageable amount of its own throws and the Knox hooker appeared to get the yips on occasion with some long throws that missed everyone. To be fair there were 10 and 20-year reunions on at Waverley tonight so lineout calls on the old boys' side of the field would have been challenging to say the least.

Not sure I have seen two teams more tired at the end of a game. It was pretty warm and they both played at a frenetic pace so they deserve to be tired. No real niggle in such a high stakes game was testimony to the boys' attitude and respect for each other. The blue and gold tide invaded the ground after the whistle which is good for the profile of the game at the school. Knox hung around manfully during the celebrations which must have hurt so kudos to them for doing so. Knox are without doubt a very good team but Waverley were better on the day - no shame there as both teams gave it their best shot.

I can't finish this account without thanking the Knox parent who was vociferously questioning the referees' competence throughout the game. When I told him he may want to give us a all a break from his expertise he thundered in full voice amongst all the schoolkids around him that I should go and &%#$ myself. Obviously lots of money doesn't buy you class. That father could very definitely have learnt much from the kids from the school who he was supporting who showed a great deal more grit and class than did the adult on the sideline.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
^^^^^BJ, A very fair and accurate account of the game. It was a cracker and I also thought the players from both schools were very respectful of each other given the importance of the game. I do think the friendships of the CAS combined sides also helps.It was a brilliant game and another example,as we all know, that school boy footy is absolutely the best you will see. Sleep well boys, all of you!
P.S. Recon I'm right here.

B

Backline_Move

Well done Waverly. Incredible game yesterday. I have never seen the 4, 5, 7 and 8 play rugby. But I'm sure I'll see them running around TV at some point in the future.

Well done Knox who played one of their best games all year as well. Armstrong was truly a weapon in attack and defense and will be a key player in 7's rugby for years to come.

As for Matt Williams, who didn't bother talking to his players after the game, who didn't turn up to the after match function and who as director of rugby, has Waverley clean sweep the opens and has the 16a's lose to Waverly 50-7. Well done.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
BM, nice summation of the game,and balanced! Both teams played their hearts out. As for the Knox coach,from your comments, there are no words that I can say here! The Knox boys gave it everything they had in a fast,very physical and high quality game and these types of games are stressful for all concerned,but it remains a game! And I am a Waverley parent!
Knox will still enjoy the spoils of a CAS Premiership after many many months of hard work,let's not forget.

B

Backline_Move

^^^^They have to win the last two games to make sure of that. And they have been coached to be a predictable bunch of players that lack any flair.

There go to lineout/maul option was killed yesterday. As was there reliance on penalties to get any advantage.

Waverly not only outplayed Knox, they were out coached!

If trinity watch the game from yesterday they could beat this Knox team that should be unbeatable!

And that's from a Knox parent!

Status
Not open for further replies.