• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Couldn't agree more

Check out the highlight packages on the internet for any of the boys looking for contracts.

The freedom to throw the ball around and give it a go is what makes Schoolboy Rugby special and a joy for participants and spectators alike.

But its not just about the individual, that last round game between Newington and Joeys at Stanmore was special. I know its a CAS thread but if you weren't there check it out. Schoolboy Rugby at its best (without the tackling :) )

Yep, great stuff .... its a unique atmosphere and luckily for the players these days they have it recorded.

S

sidelineview

I wouldn't excuse them. If you want all round rugby players, give them all the skills. I'd back the All Black front rowers have a reasonable kicking game.

Anyway, there's nothing more beautiful than a chip, chase and regather from a number 3:D

Just for that you can write out a hundred times ''Front rowers should never, ever be encouraged to kick''

S

sidelineview

Riverview again? Time for a change me thinks

The upside to the Nationals being held at Riverview this year was that selectors got to see the players perform under all conditions: dry and wet.

It wasn't ideal but the players had to adapt.

touchie2017

Frank Row (1)
Can anyone confirm if Myers (K), Frost (K), Cutrone (K), Tejeck (B) or Clifton (W) are playing this season, I understand all underwent surgeries at somepoint last season or anymore to add to the recovery list from last season?

B

Backline_Move

^^^^

Frost will be back by March, Cutrone will be fine for next year.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Barker to go fully co-ed from 2020. This must by definition shrink the talent pool available for boys sports.

Hasbeen

Bob Loudon (25)
Barker to go fully co-ed from 2020. This must by definition shrink the talent pool available for boys sports.

That will occur if they bring in equal make/female quotas for admission which I expect the school will. Be definition then, there will be fewer Boys. Again I think with the abolition already of compulsory Rugby within the junior school this is too much change too soon. Next they will have the Boys and Girls join a circle each morning, hold hands, acknowledge the true owners of the land, sing Kumbaya to each other and have encounter group type love ins. Yeesh. It is changing too much too soon and some people are not happy

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Next they will have the Boys and Girls join a circle each morning, hold hands, acknowledge the true owners of the land, sing Kumbaya to each other and have encounter group type love ins. Yeesh. It is changing too much too soon and some people are not happy
Are you referring to Test rugby or Barker? :(

B

Backline_Move

It was great to see Waverley recruit Max Towns training out on Knox 1 this morning. Making himself at home early.

Will definitely force Myers/Cameron to step up their respective games to ensure possible selections.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Interesting re towns! Personally I can't see him making it into knox's centre pairing... would be expecting him more in contention for a wing spot.

Either way I think Waverley is going to have one of the best centre combinations

So to me it will be the usual story of whether Waverley can put together a forward pack capable of containing the usual Knox giants

Is there any mail on whether cas is going back to 1 round, as more I think of it, I have grown to enjoy the 2 round comp?

Otherwise there will be only 1 opportunity to see Towns shown up , by former teammates

S

sidelineview

If things go according to plan and there are no injuries, Waverley will field a strong forward pack.
Wright, McCormick, Rogers-Smith, Moretti, Murphy, Ellis, Szabo and Molloy are quality players.

I hope I'm wrong but it looks like it will be a 1 round competition with a round of trial games first.

axel

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Not sure if I have missed this discussion, but does anyone know the exact make up of the combined CAS/GPS comps for next year, or if indeed it is happening?

Ioverugby24/7

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS players?

NSW BLUE 7s Team announcement
Congratulations to the following boys who have been selected to represent NSW Blue in Perth.
Nath Lawson (VC)
Tom Woodcock (C)
Alan Tuigamala
Jake Styles
Will Harrison (VC)
Triston Reilly
Yule Yule
Billy Smith
Matt Stead
Hunter Ward
Dom Easy
Keiron Mundine