• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Logically then you should "carve out" several different competition tables,
taking into account who plays whom.

I have no doubt that over the upcoming season we will have passionate believers from both CAS and GPS compiling the data and presenting tables on both forums.

What I do look forward to (hope for) are well matched competitive games between schools and associations, across all grades.

A kid playing in the Gs or 12ths wants to contribute to the success of their school on a given day just as much as those who wish to make a career out of their sport.

We all should want the boys to love the contest and build a passion for Rugby for the future beyond school.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
What crown? it's not a competition. Players will be keen to impress selectors to make Rep teams but apart from that there's only bragging rights up for grabs.
I suppose you could call it an unofficial competition but its nothing really.

On the CAS comp I expect Barker to perform very well. The Knox vs Barker game will be interesting.

"Unfortunate comment that "but it's nothing really" then simple, don't play!
Rubbish.

Having heard all the negative half glass empty replies, yes I know those people will say it's just reality, which is always said by half glass empty people, I think there is a bigger picture emegetging. A MUCH brighter Comp involving at least a dozen or more schools, not just GPS or CAS schools appears to be happening.
Just my opinion.

The upcoming "trials" call them what you will BUT ALL schools want to win ALL games it is in their DNA. Yep some trials will use some different players but they will will will want to win, and correct no typo there. I assure you when Waverley goes out to play, they go out to win, as do all the schools!

It appears as though the Knox team will be 100% unbeatable against all comers.
BM has thrown some fantastic bait, well done, truth is there will be many teams that beat Knox this year.

Rather than bag a new era, how about we wait and see the final result, because I'f structured properly this new era could be the best thing ever conceived.

S

sidelineview

"Unfortunate comment that "but it's nothing really" then simple, don't play!
Rubbish.

Having heard all the negative half glass empty replies, yes I know those people will say it's just reality, which is always said by half glass empty people, I think there is a bigger picture emegetging. A MUCH brighter Comp involving at least a dozen or more schools, not just GPS or CAS schools appears to be happening.
Just my opinion.

The upcoming "trials" call them what you will BUT ALL schools want to win ALL games it is in their DNA. Yep some trials will use some different players but they will will will want to win, and correct no typo there. I assure you when Waverley goes out to play, they go out to win, as do all the schools!

It appears as though the Knox team will be 100% unbeatable against all comers.
BM has thrown some fantastic bait, well done, truth is there will be many teams that beat Knox this year.

Rather than bag a new era, how about we wait and see the final result, because I'f structured properly this new era could be the best thing ever conceived.

They're still only trial matches with bragging rights up for grabs and schools wont have any choice but to play. It will be a ''trial'' series of trial games with no real prize at the end. If it leads to an expanded competition involving more Sydney schools then so be it, but will only work if it becomes a divisional competition with relegation and promotion.

Individuals will be taking advantage to impress Rep selectors but the real competition will start when the CAS teams compete against each other for the traditional Henry Plume Shield.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Can someone put up the CAS 2017 draw?

As I am confused ... for example in Waverley calendar, unless I am mistaken, there is a trial against Riverview on April 1 and May 27.

Yet I read somewhere that April 1 View are attending Scots sevens.

Also can find no info on CAS 7s ... other than a mate, told me it is at Barker ... but he is as dopey as me ...

I gather Knox and Waverley both have NZ tours ... and be curious to know where other CAS schools are touring?

Sideline, you would know ... all of the above?

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
Can someone put up the CAS 2017 draw?

As I am confused . for example in Waverley calendar, unless I am mistaken, there is a trial against Riverview on April 1 and May 27.

Yet I read somewhere that April 1 View are attending Scots sevens.

Also can find no info on CAS 7s . other than a mate, told me it is at Barker . but he is as dopey as me .

I gather Knox and Waverley both have NZ tours . and be curious to know where other CAS schools are touring?

Sideline, you would know . all of the above?

Waverley are playing two games against Riverview this year.

7's is being played at every school ground on the same day.

Opens will be at Queens park.

16a's Knox 1.

And so forth down the line with each school hosting some part of the tournament.

In NZ Waverley are playing against:

Game 1: Rangitoto College

Game 2: Rotorua Boys High School

Game 3: Auckland Grammar high/ or St Patricks- still awaiting confirmation.

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
Good to know Thanks. Seems very strange to field under strength sides?? Is Waverley attending the Scots Sevens? or is just View

CNorth

Herbert Moran (7)
Think you mis understood. As view will be playing in the scots sevens you would presume most of there 1 and 2 s will be involved. Hence the comment waves 1s vs view 3s for the April 1 fixture.
I have no doubt waves will be strong this year.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Think you mis understood. As view will be playing in the scots sevens you would presume most of there 1 and 2 s will be involved. Hence the comment waves 1s vs view 3s for the April 1 fixture.
I have no doubt waves will be strong this year.

Fair call CN, my bait is still floating in the water, not taken.
I am sure view will be strong as always, and yes it does seem strange all the games on at the same time, hope the logic becomes clearer soon.

I went to the scots sevens last year and it was a GREAT event with lots of different schools, and very well runs by the Scots school!

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
^^^ I hear that one of your own may be returning to the school after a VERY brief stint at Wahroonga... surely BM would have been all over this.

B

Backline_Move

I agree, it's sad that we lost Max back to Waverley- but Knox wasn't for him.

He was a very nice kid and earned the respect of a lot of the boys- some begrudgingly thought they may miss out on a firsts spot because of his talent.

But we are happy he made his way back where he belongs and wish him the best of luck.

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
I agree, it's sad that we lost Max back to Waverley- but Knox wasn't for him.

He was a very nice kid and earned the respect of a lot of the boys- some begrudgingly thought they may miss out on a firsts spot because of his talent.

But we are happy he made his way back where he belongs and wish him the best of luck.

Nice comment BM.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Good stuff! And Backline Move ... you are class.

At the end of the day they are kids, and their health and wellbeing is no1

All Waverley needs now, is to get Charlie Savala to return to Waverley, from $cots

and yes Waverley could (will) have a pretty solid backline

Status
Not open for further replies.