• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChipKick

Herbert Moran (7)
so after 4 rounds we have

Waverley - 4 wins
Knox - 3 wins
Barker 3 wins
Aloys - 2 wins
Trinity - 0 wins
Cranbrook - 0 wins

rugbygod123

Frank Row (1)
With the South V North Harbour games coming up i have decided to do my best to name teams. Feel free to fill in the gaps.

South

1. Glastras (C)
2. ?
3. McGuiggan (W)
4. Morreti (W)
5. Thompson (W)
6. ?
7. ?
8. Whiteman (W)
9. Edmed (T) Chambers (T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Andrews (W)
12. Towns (W)
13. Hollingsworth-Dessent (T)
14. Tanner (T)
15. ?

North

1. Frear (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. ?
4. Trobec (K)
5. ?
6. ?
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck (B)
10. Kitchener (B)
11. Watson (K)
12. Curtis (K)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Westbury (A)
15. Basheer (B)

A strong team by both north and south. Personally i would probably put Yazbeck(T) as 6/7 for south as he is strong with the ball, has some speed and good in set piece. However i do believe he is injured? For hooker possibly the wavs 2( not sure about his name) his throwing is quite good and hard to defend. However full back I'm not sure, hasn't been any standouts yet.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
North/Sourh Harbour selections.

This is an issue that needs to be raised.

Each team is allocated a section of 8 students to take part in the north harbour/south harbour trials.

This needs to change.

The fact that Cranbrook can nominate the same amount of players that Waverley can seems strange. NSW selectors aren't looking to watch that many kids anyway.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
As I understand it, the north v south process is just to select the CAS team. So not sure that nsw selectors would even be in attendance? In any event, no matter how many a school was permitted to send it's unlikely that more than 8 from any one school would make it into the CAS team, so if each school sends its best 8, it seems unlikely this disadvantages too many.

harry247

Allen Oxlade (6)
My 16 CAS side after watching every team minus Aloys.

1. Glastras (C)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Frear (K)
4. Morreti (W)
5. Sullivan (A)
6. Whiteman (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (B)
9. Tjeck/Chambers (B)/(T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Basheer (B)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Watson (K)

Unlucky ones

* Westbury (A)
* Di Sano (A)
* Trobec (K)
* Graham (B)
* Bullen (B)
* Tomasello (W)

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
My 16 CAS side after watching every team minus Aloys.

1. Glastras (C)
2. Biviano (A)
3. Frear (K)
4. Morreti (K)
5. Sullivan (A)
6. Whiteman (W)
7. Rahme (A)
8. Reimer (W)
9. Tjeck/Chambers (B)/(T)
10. Ilias (T)
11. Basheer (B)
12. Towns (W)
13. Cameron (K)
14. Shariat (K)
15. Watson (K)

Unlucky ones

* Westbury (A)
* Di Sano (A)
* Trobec (K)
* Graham (B)
* Bullen (B)
* Tomasello (W)

Jayden Kitchener from Barker would have to be in there somewhere? Playing 10 in 1st XV

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Moretti doesn't go to knox.

And what about t murphy ... His name wasn't in the programme

Not sure why

However he played well in waverley's win over cranbrook

So he is back from injury , and would be close to my first pick...

Maybe second after knox's cameron

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Kitchener has not been in great form for B - looks a little rattled after probably being targeted by older/bigger opposition looking to unsettle the year 10 lad - so not sure he would make it.

Reimer is B not W and would be close to my first pick.

I like Kennedy (K) at 2 but haven't seen whether Biviano has stepped up since a fairly understated performance at the 2015 state champs where he was 3rd string Gordon hooker.

I'd also take Byron H-D (T) over either of the other nominated wingers - he would be the fastest player at the 16s schools trials and is playing solidly in 1sts. His defence is at least as good as the other two.

Agree with SDW re Murphy needing to be there if fit.

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any news on KNox v trinity standouts?
Knox number 8 - I think Trobec playing out of position was sensational.the key difference between the two teams
Knox number 10 and 7 also looked effective . Surprised how close the game was though

James999

Frank Nicholson (4)
Jayden Kitchener from Barker would have to be in there somewhere? Playing 10 in 1st XV
Mate based on watching Knox v trinity on Saturday you cannot afford to leave Trobec out although he was playing number 8. Hit ups, big hits, line breaks - the key difference between the two teams . Haven't seen earlier games however

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
If South are looking for a 7 Chambers, the Trinity 1sts half, played 7 last year and on Saturday. Edmed did well at half back.

Karma Police

Allen Oxlade (6)
Murphy if fit and Byron HD will be in there without a doubt. Towns and Cameron in the centres. Baker half and Trinity 10. Big Luca Moretti at 5 or 6.

Those are the easier picks.

RugbyHd

Chris McKivat (8)
This will be something that CAS will be up against (Taken from GPS 16's)

GPS 16 XV

1. McLennan (I)
2. Lock (N)
3. Zylstra (S)
4. Jensen (N)
5. Brown (K)
6. Koopu (N)
7. Scolari (J)
8. Titmuss (N)
9. Dalton (J)
10. Lewis (N)
11. Dutalis (I)