• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Who will take the chocolates in 2017? Will CAS have the firepower to take out the NSW trials after a close loss to GPS in the final last year? Add your predictions, prognostications, tips and observations about the CAS U16s comp and players here.

Tahs247

Allen Oxlade (6)
Couple of certainties

2. Sean Kennedy (K)
5. Jaymesson Leremia (T)
6. Conor Molloy (W)
8. Tom Gratwicke (K)
10. Jude Gibbs (C)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
Trinity has a strong number 8 this year jaymesson leremia, he made the NSW u/15's last year.
And they have 3 boys from last years Sydney u/14's wanting the harder games.

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Couple of certainties

2. Sean Kennedy (K)
5. Jaymesson Leremia (T)
6. Conor Molloy (W)
8. Tom Gratwicke (K)
10. Jude Gibbs (C)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)
I don't think we'll see Tom Gratwicke this year. He is spending two terms in a New Zealand rugby school to enhance his development. Also, Jude Gibbs has been poached by Joeys. So a few key roles need filling. Barker have brought 3 strong forwards into the school. Didn't Aloysius win this age group in 2016. Have they any that could fit in to the team?

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
2. Sean Kennedy (K)
4. Jordan Cameron (B)
6. Conor Molloy (W)
8. Jaymesson Lermia (T)
10. Ben Pollack (A)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)

Gibbs was a big part of Cranbrooks side over the last couple of years massive loss to them and The CAS 16s but the Aloys 10 Pollack was a standout last year. Jaymesson is probably more suited to 8 and if Gratwicke isn't going to be available for selection he'll be the man for the job. Barker picked up Cameron, Who played in the NSW U15 team last year and should make the team fairly comfortably. A big question though is who will take up the 9 position?

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
2. Sean Kennedy (K)
4. Jordan Cameron (B)
6. Conor Molloy (W)
8. Jaymesson Lermia (T)
10. Ben Pollack (A)
12. Sam Rechner (K)
13. Kyle Galloway (B)

Gibbs was a big part of Cranbrooks side over the last couple of years massive loss to them and The CAS 16s but the Aloys 10 Pollack was a standout last year. Jaymesson is probably more suited to 8 and if Gratwicke isn't going to be available for selection he'll be the man for the job. Barker picked up Cameron, Who played in the NSW U15 team last year and should make the team fairly comfortably. A big question though is who will take up the 9 position?
Smith from Cranbrook would be favourite, but he's only small. Given the half will be up against a potential future Wallaby in Riverview's Lachlan Albert (6 foot and 85kgs), they may need to look for more size.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
[quote="carl spackler, post: 909860, member: 58467" Given the half will be up against a potential future Wallaby in Riverview's Lachlan Albert (6 foot and 85kgs), they may need to look for more size.[/quote]

Carl, Albert's not family is he?

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
[quote="carl spackler, post: 909860, member: 58467" Given the half will be up against a potential future Wallaby in Riverview's Lachlan Albert (6 foot and 85kgs), they may need to look for more size.

Carl, Albert's not family is he?[/quote]
No, but i've seen a fair bit of him through Lane Cove and Gordon rugby.

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Given the half will be up against a potential future Wallaby in Riverview's Lachlan Albert (6 foot and 85kgs), they may need to look for more size.

Geez no pressure on the kid! How about we start by seeing how he goes seeking selection for View 1sts in year 10 first. That in itself would be a tremendous achievement.

kiwiburd

Stan Wickham (3)
I have no doubt Barkers new scholarship backrower Dane Wilson will earn his spot in the CAS 16s and would be pushing for NSW schools 16s. He has been training with Barkers 1sts xv squad and sizes up against the likes of Luke Reimer and Hugh Melchior. No doubt big things are to come for this young man.

Unknown__

Frank Row (1)
I can assure you Waverley will be much improved on last years woeful performances. Hopefully they will get Molloy back from last year 16's, and new kid from Scots Alex Rice.

Possible line-Up

1. Alex Rice
2. Zach Zsabo
3. Patrick Roberts
4. Oliver Small
6. Marco Morreti
7. Byron Howe
8. Conor Molloy (C)
9. Luke Fuller
10. Charlie Howell
11. Aiden Arabi
12. Alistair Jensen
13. Luke Spear
14. ?
15. Max Johnson

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Aloys should Be very strong again this year after being the surprise packet of last years comp and winning. I don't think they'll go Back to back again and suffer some losses to Barker and Knox but line up should be:

1. Jack Mcneil
2. ?
3. Dominic Maher
4. Tom Brown
5. John Macken
6. Angus Allen
7. Noah Perego
8. Angus Partington
9. Corey Griffin
10. Angus Macnamara
11. Matt Forster
12. Spencer Spalding
13. Hamish Spalding
14. Corey Grace
15. Charlie Weber

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
Unknown, I agree Waverley will be... way better in the 16s in 2017.

And Rice is a bit of firebrand, so he will definitely bolster the forwards

However on Molloy

...given Conor made the NSW u16s, despite being under 15s , in 2016, and having spent all of 2016, back in his year group, I can't see him returning to his proper age group

I expect Molloy will be part of a pretty handy 2nd xv

White line fever

Fred Wood (13)
Unknown, I agree Waverley will be. way better in the 16s in 2017.

And Rice is a bit of firebrand, so he will definitely bolster the forwards

However on Molloy

.given Conor made the NSW u16s, despite being under 15s , in 2016, and having spent all of 2016, back in his year group, I can't see him returning to his proper age group

I expect Molloy will be part of a pretty handy 2nd xv

SDW, i would think you are correct, barring serious injury (touch wood) Connor will play in the the 2nds this year for opens experience, and he may get a call up hopefully for experience if the 1sts game offers that opportunity.

Clearly a bit early to talk about next year, and we shouldn't but he will team up with Moretti and co then.

Mr Touch Finder

Peter Burge (5)
SDW, i would think you are correct, barring serious injury (touch wood) Connor will play in the the 2nds this year for opens experience, and he may get a call up hopefully for experience if the 1sts game offers that opportunity.

Clearly a bit early to talk about next year, and we shouldn't but he will team up with Moretti and co then.
Correct me if i am wrong but any player who is eligible for the U16s age group and plays opens must be in the 1stXV. This player cannot play in any other open team, he must either play 16a's or 1stXV.

Jason_phillips_Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
I believe Knox will take out the u16s premiership with their star player, Sam Rechner. The Cranbrook side will be there biggest competitor with Oreilly coming in from Waverley. It will be unfortunate if Cranbrooks prop, Haymen plays. Aloys will be a strong competitor with Cranbrook as they are very similar teams. Waverley having star player Rice come in from Scots who will definitely lift the spirits in the forwards, I just dont think that they will come out on top

1. Knox
2. Cranbrook
3. Aloys
4. Barker
5. Trinity
6. Waverly

Status
Not open for further replies.