• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

James Clark

Bob McCowan (2)
Cranbrook were excellent today. They was alot of chat about Barker and Trinity so I think it was fair to say Cranbrook were the underdogs with also the vast majority of their players being left off other predicted CAS U16's teams. Cranbrook smashed barker 38-5 and also beat trinity by atleast 3 tries as well. It is also worth noting they only took 10 players with all of the other schools taking 15+ players so their fitness is obviously well above the other school as they barely missed a tackle and did not show any obvious signs of fatigue. They were also missing star centre Peter North, along will darcy white, gabe meyer, jack mccafferey and leo christopher who were all A starters last year and would've been great 7's players. Therefore along with there 3 new additions of Billy mclaughlin (from PNG) patrick tagg (returned from one year boarding at timbertop) and Alex o'reilly from waverly they are easy favourites to win this years CAS comp along with multiple contenders for CAS spots such as Jacob Taylor and Peter North (anywhere in backs), Tas smith 9, Alex O'reilly and Oliver Carroll (backrow) and Hugo Haymen prop.

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cranbrook were excellent today. They was alot of chat about Barker and Trinity so I think it was fair to say Cranbrook were the underdogs with also the vast majority of their players being left off other predicted CAS U16's teams. Cranbrook smashed barker 38-5 and also beat trinity by atleast 3 tries as well. It is also worth noting they only took 10 players with all of the other schools taking 15+ players so their fitness is obviously well above the other school as they barely missed a tackle and did not show any obvious signs of fatigue. They were also missing star centre Peter North, along will darcy white, gabe meyer, jack mccafferey and leo christopher who were all A starters last year and would've been great 7's players. Therefore along with there 3 new additions of Billy mclaughlin (from PNG) patrick tagg (returned from one year boarding at timbertop) and Alex o'reilly from waverly they are easy favourites to win this years CAS comp along with multiple contenders for CAS spots such as Jacob Taylor and Peter North (anywhere in backs), Tas smith 9, Alex O'reilly and Oliver Carroll (backrow) and Hugo Haymen prop.

I have to say I completely agree with you. Way to much chat about Barker and Trinity, Cranbrook came out yesterday completely focused and ready to play some masterclass performances by them. Definitely deserve a few players for CAS team like smith, O'Reilly, North and Lamens. Definitely gave a few teams a wake up call yesterday after destroying barker in the first game 38-5. They earned there attention and respect yesterday. All credit to the boys

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
Mate, Barker had 4 of there best players unavailable.

I am aware that Kyle was in the firsts and also cameron, pollard was injured and Wilson isn't a star player he wouldn't have made a difference. But you have to give Cranbrook respect for the way they played with class and took out the tournament undefeated. It was a 38-5 thumping, we don't need excuses on here. Cranbrook were missing 5 of there players but you never mentioned that?

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
I am aware that Kyle was in the firsts and also cameron, pollard was injured and Wilson isn't a star player he wouldn't have made a difference. But you have to give Cranbrook respect for the way they played with class and took out the tournament undefeated. It was a 38-5 thumping, we don't need excuses on here. Cranbrook were missing 5 of there players but you never mentioned that?

hahaha mate cranbrook kids need to pull their heads out its only a sevens comp, just cause you guys have a strong backline doesn't mean squat. We all know every team will be stronger come the first round so stop heralding this as if you've already won CAS

James Clark

Bob McCowan (2)
hahaha mate cranbrook kids need to pull their heads out its only a sevens comp, just cause you guys have a strong backline doesn't mean squat. We all know every team will be stronger come the first round so stop heralding this as if you've already won CAS

Pretty funny how you say this was no indication but had it of been Trinity or Barker who would of won you would be saying geeze how good are they, they will win for sure. So purely going of the 7's comp which is a solid indicator, yes every team was missing players (including Cranbrook) you have to say Cranbrook is looking in fine form for the season

carl spackler

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can we all please get Jaymesson's name right - it's Ieremia. I know growing up being referred to as Spickler that it's real annoying everyone getting it wrong. Perhaps that had something to do with my Mediterranean ancestry!
Also heard yesterday that Conor Molloy has had surgery on a shoulder and is six weeks away from returning to the field.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Pretty funny how you say this was no indication but had it of been Trinity or Barker who would of won you would be saying geeze how good are they, they will win for sure. So purely going of the 7's comp which is a solid indicator, yes every team was missing players (including Cranbrook) you have to say Cranbrook is looking in fine form for the season

but its not a solid indicator a solid indicator would have been a whole 15 a side tournament. In saying that I never said Cranbrook weren't good, but a game of sevens Compared to a game of 15s is completely different altogether.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
My revised CAS 16's

1. Grobler (K)
2. Kennedy (K)
3. Rice (W)
4. Cameron (B)
5. Wilson (B) Moretti (W)
6. Molloy (W) Reilly (C)
7. Pollard (B)
8. Lerimiah (T)
9. Williams (B) Smith (C)
10. Pollack (A)
11. Layton (T)
12. Rechner (K)
13. Galloway (B) Spalding (A)
14. Lloyd (B)
15. Vass (B)

Moretti and Lloyd are Opens (17) and Rechner is out for some time with glandular fever.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Ok barker were not full strength in sevens. Cameron, Wilson and Galloway were all in opens and Williams and Slinn were rested. Biet was playing league. Would have been hard to beat barker if they chose to go full strength or even if they just had hayden or kyle playing. Two very good players and Barker would be my pick to win the comp this year.

SonnyDillWilliams

Nev Cottrell (35)
in my humble view there are a number of Cranbrook under 16s kids that are good enough to be in the starting 1st Cranbrook XV, however given the Opens is weak, and the Opens are likely to be battling for wooden spoon, I suspect these kids won't play up,

it would ruin Brook's hopes in under 16s

Alex O'Reilly is playing awesome ... so big loss for Waverley, and I think more than makes up for loss of Gibbs

Re Alex Rice, who plays in the same Easts team as O'Reilly, I think he is getting too tall to play prop (as he did at Scots)

Jason_phillips_Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
Hayman was a big one missing from the 7s team, suprised no one has mentioned him yet. Was pretty annoyed that cranbrook are continuing the stereotype that front rowers cant play 7s. He is one of the most mobile blokes on the field, and to see that his work in the off season has not been rewarded with a place in the 7s does not make me happy.

Hayman is one to watch in the coming seasons, wouldnt be surprised if he went on to be an Aussie schoolboy.

Wouldn't be surprised if this was Hugo writing about himself, some say he's arrogant. If any Cranbrook player should be watched out for it should be A.Oreilly or some say even O.Carroll. Both put on good performances in the 7s on Saturday. Maybe there is a reason why Hugo wasn't picked.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
CAS 16s Team
1. O'Reilly (C)
2.Spalding(A)/Kennedy (K)
3. Rice (W)
4. Cameron (B)
5. Allen (A)
6. Molloy (W)
7. Breden (K)
8. Ierimeia (T)
9. Smith (C)
10. Pollack (A)
11. Galloway (B)
12. Spalding (A)
13. Rechner (K)
14. Layton (T)
15. Lamens (C)

CASfoooty

Frank Nicholson (4)
CAS 16s Team
1. O'Reilly (C)
2.Spalding(A)/Kennedy (K)
3. Rice (W)
4. Cameron (B)
5. Allen (A)
6. Molloy (W)
7. Breden (K)
8. Ierimeia (T)
9. Smith (C)
10. Pollack (A)
11. Galloway (B)
12. Spalding (A)
13. Rechner (K)
14. Layton (T)
15. Lamens (C)

Pretty sure O'Reilly plays any position in the forwards bar front row and I like the choice of Breden at 7

demarcusmiller

Frank Row (1)
Im not 100 percent on this one but what are everyone's thoughts on Connor Slater? Surely a good op for Barker ones in attacking midfield scored a great goal a couple weeks ago

Come on ref

Allen Oxlade (6)
There will be a few shock selections in the forwards
There will a few forwards trialling that can and have played to
The ability of some of the mentioned forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.