• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've not heard of Ollie Evans before. Is he new?? Ollie Kourtout played in this position last year, whilst Ollie Griffiths played 14 and/or 15. Oliver clearly a popular name down Wahroonga way.

Yes Ollie Evans is a new name, has been on and off the team due to injury I believe. Speaking to some fellows and hes been playing 1sts Basketball hence where he gets his great ball skills from. Knox 16a's Vs Kings 16a's playing this weekend down at the Knox ground at I believe 1pm - should be a great match...

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
I've seen a fair bit of Kablau and Cheal. Cheal is a quality loose forward - athletic, strong, tough all over the park. Kablau has size and decent skills. I'd expect them both to play 1sts next year.

Totally agree - both looking good for a 1sts spot next year. I dont think Tom Constable has been playing much club if not any at all? Have you heard anything about him? Possible threat to T Smith for the U16 9?

Rugby1019

Frank Row (1)
Barker looking like they are strong CAS contenders in my opinion. Haven't lost yet other than their game against Stannies in which they had very minimal preparation for.

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Keen for a big round of footy but in particular the Barker v Aloys fixture in the 16s. There has been a lot of pre game chat about the highly antisipated C Weber on A Veivers match up. The banter across both teams will hopefully be reflected on the field with harder hits on display especially if there happens to be a scenario in which veivers and weber are marking each other. Looking forward to this weeks game and especially this one on one encounter. Hopefully can live up to the hype. Predicition: Barker by 14

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
Knox Vs Kings: Although kings aren't the strongest team Knox certainly gave them a dose of whoop ass. Oscar Cheal (8) over in the 9th Minute (great show of strength and technique to burrow his way over the line) - then Tom Constable (9) took a great run down the side line off the kick off and then popped the ball to David Addis (14) for an easy try under the posts. (Great vision and speed from Tom). Then Knox were awarded a penalty 10m out and then Tom Constable (9) took a quick tap and sent Dan Breden (7) under the sticks. Darcy Fitzgerald (10) slotted 3/3 conversions and 2/2 pens (great kicking ability shown from Darcy, really good technique and despite his size he is a great player). Knox showed great defence when Kings had them on their line for a good 10mins. For sure they are a force to be reckoned for the rest of the GPS comp and the foreseen CAS Season! Final Score 27-0

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Barker lost U16As 24/17 having led 17 nil... Barker need to do some soul searching.. they have talent but have a discipline issue which needs addressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Footy g up

Frank Row (1)
Barker lost U16As 24/17 having led 17 nil. Barker need to do some soul searching.. they have talent but have a discipline issue which needs addressing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incredible game from Aloys U16As scoring 24 unanswered points in the 2nd half to win the game from being down at half time against barker 17-0. This game was an amazing game to watch as Aloys never gave up and played one of their best games as a team. Should be an exciting season for these boys.

rod skellet

Bob Davidson (42)
Incredible game from Aloys U16As scoring 24 unanswered points in the 2nd half to win the game from being down at half time against barker 17-0. This game was an amazing game to watch as Aloys never gave up and played one of their best games as a team. Should be an exciting season for these boys.

Yes congrats to Aloys, they are a quality side.. Barker lads need to have a good look at themselves.

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
Score in Brook v Grammar? Knox v Kings?

Knox Vs Kings: Although kings aren't the strongest team Knox certainly gave them a dose of whoop ass. Oscar Cheal (8) over in the 9th Minute (great show of strength and technique to burrow his way over the line) - then Tom Constable (9) took a great run down the side line off the kick off and then popped the ball to David Addis (14) for an easy try under the posts. (Great vision and speed from Tom). Then Knox were awarded a penalty 10m out and then Tom Constable (9) took a quick tap and sent Dan Breden (7) under the sticks. Darcy Fitzgerald (10) slotted 3/3 conversions and 2/2 pens (great kicking ability shown from Darcy, really good technique and despite his size he is a great player). Knox showed great defence when Kings had them on their line for a good 10mins. For sure they are a force to be reckoned for the rest of the GPS comp and the foreseen CAS Season! Final Score 27-0

Rugby1019

Frank Row (1)
Despite Aloys having a great comeback it did seem that Barker seemed to have some very harsh and controversial decisions go against them. These including a team yellow card and a very controversial red card. On top of this multiple questionable penalties throughout the game made a lot of players frustrated and questioning the referee.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Despite Aloys having a great comeback it did seem that Barker seemed to have some very harsh and controversial decisions go against them. These including a team yellow card and a very controversial red card. On top of this multiple questionable penalties throughout the game made a lot of players frustrated and questioning the referee.

well discipline is the problem with that team if the players weren't frustrated and questioning the referee then maybe he wouldn't have gone against them in some calls. But Still the team has to mature a lot if they still think they can pin a loss on the ref in the U16s

djdj

Allen Oxlade (6)
Barker will be looking for a bounce back after a shock 24 - 17 loss to St Aloys after a completely dominant first half outing 17 points within the first 15 minutes. Unluckily for the Red, a few unlucky decisions and poor discipline led Aloys straight back into the game. A few Barker boys will be looking to have big performances and make a statement for the rest of the season. A few of these boys include Barker’s Henry Slack-Smith (2), Sam Kirwan, who is looking to make it up to the boys following his red, (11) and Cameron Every (6) who had a spectacular game against Aloys gaining loads of meters and solid in contact. A silent performer vs Aloys Alex Veivers (5) will really need to step up and be a leader in the Barker forward pack, even with a recurring shoulder injury which put him out against Shore, he had a very sound performance against Aloys. Ben Lloyd is filling the shoes of Lucas Vass who is missing this week and Ben will be looking to show the coaches what he can do. Expecting this game against joeys to be a tight game, could go either way.

Jason_phillips_Knox

Stan Wickham (3)
tight game between cranbrook and trinity with trinity come on top 10-7, good performance by Harrison and sione. Cranbrook missing there star player Hugo Hayman who was definitely a big loss with cranbrook barely winning a scrum. New boy on the wing for cranbrook not sure what his name is??. Cranbrook should be smarter and move him off the wing and put him in the centres or maybe even fullback

pilferking7

Frank Row (1)
Joeys 16a's defeat Waverley 31-12 after leading 10-7 at halftime. Discipline let Waverley down with 2 yellow cards leaving them with 13 on the field. Joeys 16b's defeated Barkers 16a's in the game before.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox 16Bs defeat Newington 24-17 (or thereabouts). Shocking discipline by Newington but Knox were clearly the dominant side in terms of possession and field position. A bit of niggle on the paddock and I think 2 yellow cards to Newington and 1 to Knox.

Knox 16As defeat Newington 34-5. Again, Knox were dominant but late in the game with Newington pressing the Knox line Knox gave up tonnes of penalties. Ref eventually carded a Knox player but should have done it earlier. Best for Knox was their 10, their outside centre and their 2 props. Newington's best were their fullback (needs to get the ball more) and their 2 centres.

I though the Knox 16As were superb, New had the possession, territory and the penalties in the second half, but simply could break the Knox defence. Knox moved up quickly knocking down and back the New attackers who thereby prevented from getting over the advantage line.

I believe Knox has a team that could beat Joeys and although a New supporter Knox 16As were a delight to watch.

CatchnPass

Vay Wilson (31)
Knox 16As appear to be building nicely after another strong win v New today. Great to see that Sam Rechner is back and hopefully fully recovered. This and the apparent strength of the 16Bs who also had a good win bodes well for Knox Opens in 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.