• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

CAS U16s 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Short_Ball

Frank Row (1)
Barker beat Cranbrook 13-12 on the bell in a game which they dominated thoroughly, deserved the win, brave captaining from the captain #2, slacksmith, according to the program, to go for the points was risky given how far out they were, showed great faith in his #10 Ovenden who slotted the goal to give barker the win

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
Oscar Cheal started 1XV against Joeys away at Hunters Hill and played exeptionally against a well drilled joeys side. Enrique Grobler and Tom Constable also got on for some time. Enrique made a few handling mistakes but made a few great hits on some big boppas. Tom Constable made no errors whilst on the field with some good passes - still lacks a bit of speed around the field which I would assume is from playing the 16's game earlier in the day. Oscar Cheal is DEFINATLEY my CAS #6 or #7, and Tom Constable for #9

Tight_Five

Frank Row (1)
Oscar Cheal started 1XV against Joeys away at Hunters Hill and played exeptionally against a well drilled joeys side. Enrique Grobler and Tom Constable also got on for some time. Enrique made a few handling mistakes but made a few great hits on some big boppas. Tom Constable made no errors whilst on the field with some good passes - still lacks a bit of speed around the field which I would assume is from playing the 16's game earlier in the day. Oscar Cheal is DEFINATLEY my CAS #6 or #7, and Tom Constable for #9

Whilst I agree Cheal is a quality player, I find it hard to see him starting #6 or #8 ahead of Ieremia, Pollard and Wilson.

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
With the first round coming up this weekend I Think the Trials have really put a spotlight on the fact that this might just be the most competitive U16s comp in a long time. Each team have proved themselves against the odds be it an alloys comeback win against Barker or Nailbiting games with Cranbrook going down to Trinity and Barker, where most would have ruled out the chance of brook losing to these 2 but then bouncing back and beating Aloys comfortably. Should be interesting to see how Knox have developed they're game playing up with the big boys of GPS. All in all a Probable Ladder should lock something, with no surprises to be honest.

1. Knox
2.Cranbrook
3.Aloys
4.Barker
5.Trinity
6.Waveley

Short_Ball

Frank Row (1)
With the first round coming up this weekend I Think the Trials have really put a spotlight on the fact that this might just be the most competitive U16s comp in a long time. Each team have proved themselves against the odds be it an alloys comeback win against Barker or Nailbiting games with Cranbrook going down to Trinity and Barker, where most would have ruled out the chance of brook losing to these 2 but then bouncing back and beating Aloys comfortably. Should be interesting to see how Knox have developed they're game playing up with the big boys of GPS. All in all a Probable Ladder should lock something, with no surprises to be honest.

1. Knox
2.Cranbrook
3.Aloys
4.Barker
5.Trinity
6.Waveley

I would disagree with that table, you'd have to surely place barker up ahead at atleast 2nd you would think with a win over Cranbrook and a narrow loss against aloys in a game which they probably should have won, it will be interesting to see how they go against Knox in the second last round

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
when are north vs south harbour picked?

north and south harbour aren't picked coaches put forward they're 8 best players from each team, Considering the game is next Thursday players should have a rough idea by Monday if they'll be playing

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
I would disagree with that table, you'd have to surely place barker up ahead at atleast 2nd you would think with a win over Cranbrook and a narrow loss against aloys in a game which they probably should have won, it will be interesting to see how they go against Knox in the second last round

Knox are for sure the underdogs, been watching them play and I think the CAS Teams will be very very surprised how they fair up against other teams this year... Top the table for the next half of the season. Undoubtably the best NSW School U16 in NSW at full strength with their player, which they have coming into the game this weekend.

Short_Ball

Frank Row (1)
Knox are for sure the underdogs, been watching them play and I think the CAS Teams will be very very surprised how they fair up against other teams this year. Top the table for the next half of the season. Undoubtably the best NSW School U16 in NSW at full strength with their player, which they have coming into the game this weekend.
What do you mean underdogs? They are picked to win according to that table?

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Undoubtably the best NSW School U16 in NSW at full strength with their player, which they have coming into the game this weekend.

That is a very big call!

Due to the volume of players eligible who play in the opens, your benchmark for that comment will have to remain how many make your association rep teams.

Based on previous form, I guess we will find out when U16 CAS, ISA and GPS Presidents teams are announced and how they perform.

noeyeddear

Allen Oxlade (6)
Knox are for sure the underdogs, been watching them play and I think the CAS Teams will be very very surprised how they fair up against other teams this year. Top the table for the next half of the season. Undoubtably the best NSW School U16 in NSW at full strength with their player, which they have coming into the game this weekend.

This whole post makes no sense. Knox are underdogs and also the best team in the state? Make up your mind please - you can't have them both things at once. Cheal is the best player going around yet couldn't make the top team at Lindfield in club rugby? Need to really show some balance in your comments.

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
'Underdogs' was not the best use of words and I'll accept that I shouldn't have put it that way. By watching Knox in the past couple games they are a team that have been under-estimated. And yes I will stick to the fact that they are one of the best teams if not THE Best team in NSW. They were missing several key players against joeys.

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
This whole post makes no sense. Knox are underdogs and also the best team in the state? Make up your mind please - you can't have them both things at once. Cheal is the best player going around yet couldn't make the top team at Lindfield in club rugby? Need to really show some balance in your comments.

Lindfield Club rugby is unbelievably political, coincidence that the Coaches son played in Cheals position? In addition to this, Cheal has totally evolved as a player over the past 6-12 months through what it looks like, a very good off season with the Knox Opens. I believe that the Knox 16A's are taking on Cranbrook at 11am on Cranbrook Main Oval, he will be a standout player amongst the entire Knox Team

casrugby2017

Frank Nicholson (4)
That is a very big call!

Due to the volume of players eligible who play in the opens, your benchmark for that comment will have to remain how many make your association rep teams.

I don't think you can always judge a team based on how many players make rep teams. A team can't have a couple individuals. but a team needs to work together, and Knox only may get 4-6 players in the CAS team but they are a team that works well together. Much like the Aloys U15 side last year and like the Waverley 1XV team this year!

scotsman18

Herbert Moran (7)
Ill back casrugby about his Lindfield claim the amount of quality players who would arrive only to immediately leave the club or longstanding members of the club getting fed up and leaving cause of the politics around it. But even Cheal playing at Chatswood with some of the other Knox kid he would have been by far the most dominant player in that grade

Status
Not open for further replies.