• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Caster welcome back in Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Finally it ended and hope she give you lot a good performance

Aus will welcome Caster back
2010-07-07 10:10Email | Print

Caster Semenya (AP)

Sydney - Australia would welcome controversial South African athlete Caster Semenya back to the track, a top ranking Athletics Australia official said Wednesday.

Semenya was given the green light to compete at the Commonwealth Games in New Delhi in October after a positive ruling from athletics governing body IAAF on Tuesday.

Semenya won the 800m at the world championships in Berlin last year but questions were raised over her gender due to her masculine appearance and vastly improved times.

The IAAF ordered gender verification tests to be carried out and the association has given Semenya approval to race again, although the medical details of her case will remain secret.

Athletics Australia high performance manager Eric Hollingsworth said Semenya would be an overwhelming favourite for the 800m gold medal in New Delhi.

"She's absolutely allowed to compete, she's a woman, let her get on with it," Hollingsworth said, adding that Semenya had been unfairly persecuted.

"That's basically because people don't understand the process and the medical scenarios around it. When people have ignorance, they behave poorly," he said.

"As long as the stress of all of this hasn't affected her, she would still be the cast-iron favourite."

No Australian women are likely to make the Commonwealth Games team for the 800m event.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Oh yeah, we welcomed Murali back too - just ask James Sutherland.

Imagine how you'd feel as the Dad of a girl beaten by "a woman" with testicles.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Oh yeah, we welcomed Murali back too - just ask James Sutherland.

Imagine how you'd feel as the Dad of a girl beaten by "a woman" with testicles.
You should think that it will make the woman run faster. The modern woman dont like the testicle to win Boet.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
If these women can already run faster then why bother seperating the sport into gender at all?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
That is a man without a ding dong and I don't give a fuck what anyeone else says.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Unfortunate for the athlete to find out that (s)he's got balls, but then unfortunate for any 100% women athletes who are getting beaten by a person who has a genetic advantage. Testosterone is a drug banned by the WDA, Caster has three times the level of normal testosterone for a female (source), and apparently it's natural testosterone. No kidding, it comes from her balls!

caster-semenya-11.jpg

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm just gunna say it - I support Caster. No doubt the gender rule will evolve over time, but for the moment she is legit, and shouldn't be insulted.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
I'm just gunna say it - I support Caster. No doubt the gender rule will evolve over time, but for the moment she is legit, and shouldn't be insulted.
Dankie Doc, thats what I have also been thinking. She ran, had been querried, the IAF took a long time to allow her back, so if she is a he like many say (myself maybe included aswell) we should blame them, not insulting her.

Vok weet us Saffers have me thinking a lot. We have this way of making jokes out of our worries where other would be upset about it.

I did been a lot of thinking about all of this and came to the conclution it all have to do with our meat or biltong intake.

The right dosis getting a Bok team going well.

To less of it and you have Bafana Bafana , Caster, Oscar Pietersen our road runner (hell throw the two parts together and you get the perfect athlete going) and our Government.

To much brings you to 1995 and the one the All Blacks called Suzie.

Vok weet I love this rainbow nation to pieces, diverse and where will you get the same "gees" spirit like we have. Hell man we even make the WC Poofball a bloody success, just the fact that everything (taxis, buses, trains, Stadiums) is working is vokken unbelievable.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
She failed the gender test originally, and now I understand she has had corrective treatment, and is back. I have no problem with that.

Unfortunately for her initially, in a complex world we need some definition of "female", and she initially failed it. But now, I agree with Scarfy - she's back and she's now legit, so good luck to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.