• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cauliflower Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
This is a pretty good idea.
From the Fitz Files

CAULIS CAUSE
Rugby people, bring it in tight. As if you didn't know, over the years the Primary Club has raised $4 million by having its members donate money every time an Australian cricketer scores a golden duck. As a division of the Primary Club, using its infrastructure, some of us - including Nick Farr-Jones - are forming its rugby equivalent, whereby rugby folk will give money to spinal injury and the like every time a Wallabies front-rower scores a try. Premier Barry O'Farrell will launch The Cauliflower Club - ''For those who either have cauliflower ears, or are only still pretty because of those who do" - at a lunch in the Strangers' Function Room at Parliament House on November 12, and we have room for 300. It will be the first of what will be an annual rugby gathering, during which all backs must buy all forwards at least one drink, shake them by the hand, look them in the eye and say, "Thank you. Without you, I would have been nothing. And mate, I am sorry about your head." All forwards will reply: "Get away from me, you parasite." You get the drift. We are honoured to have Sir Nicholas Shehadie as our patron. Please email me for details. And come!

Status
Not open for further replies.