• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Central West Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullfrog

Stan Wickham (3)
it's like pulling teeth.

painful. Just had a quick squiz at that website, hardly jumps out at you (if indeed it is there somewhere)

yeah,. would appreciate you posting the info.
The draw will be on the Bulldogs web site tomorrow, under resources. I think Central West is still bedding in the new web site. They have moved away from Rugby net and having a little trouble posting resources to the new sites (allegedly). Dubbo Roos have the draw on their site if you want to look at it now.
Round 1 is April 13 with local derbies scheduled to kick off the season.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
thanks for that, will check it out.

I decided to go past the bathurst grounds just yesterday on the off chance there might have been some sort of board up with dates etc. You can guess what I found. Zip. Gates all locked, you know.

There have been many threads around with a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about 'how do we expand the game?' in the face of all the competing sports. Ok, that is often 'how do we blood new people to the sport' but here is a perfect example of a perhaps less examined phenomenon. Someone actively just trying to find out what games are on where and when, and look at the hurdles to overcome just to do that.

Forget finding NEW people for now, what about the most basic info for those already interested?

Maybe we do have a lot to learn after all.

Bullfrog

Stan Wickham (3)
thanks for that, will check it out.

I decided to go past the bathurst grounds just yesterday on the off chance there might have been some sort of board up with dates etc. You can guess what I found. Zip. Gates all locked, you know.

There have been many threads around with a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth about 'how do we expand the game?' in the face of all the competing sports. Ok, that is often 'how do we blood new people to the sport' but here is a perfect example of a perhaps less examined phenomenon. Someone actively just trying to find out what games are on where and when, and look at the hurdles to overcome just to do that.

Forget finding NEW people for now, what about the most basic info for those already interested?

Maybe we do have a lot to learn after all.

You'll find the gates will be locked to keep vandals off the fields. Nothing worse than having idiots doing donuts on the hallowed Turf. A sign out front would be good. I'll mention it to the president. Pretty sure it can only be placed inside the grounds which then can't be read from the road. Maybe other options to help promote the games. Local media, radio and newspaper generally do a good job with local promotion. Also, the web site and the facebook page notify interested people of upcoming events. Note to self..... Update the calendar of events and put on web site.
Next game will be March 9th which will be a cracker of a day. Bulldogs will host Sydney University and Tuggeranong Vikings in the Australian club challenge. 7 games in total on that day, Sydney uni bring 4 senior grades to play against Tuggeranong, Tuggeranong, Central West and bulldogs, in that order, and Tuggeranong, central west and bulldogs in 3 colts grades. Starting times still to be confirmed, but games will start around midday and main game around 4.30 pm.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
This day I take it is at BX ground? Thanks.

Of course I understand about vandals etc, but you got the gist. 'Next home game' on a sign at least, that sort of thing. Once there I am sure it would be easier to get the info.

I actually live at G Plains, so don't really get local papers, don't listen to local radio. That is MY 'fault' if you will, so they are prob doing that stuff fine, I just would not know about it.

I had the brainwave of as a last resort ringing the local rag sports department! Spose I could pop in and ask Martie Roebuck, wonder if he still has his fingers on the pulse. Or make an excuse to have a beer at the park hotel (thye sponsor I think)

Well, who cares, just an excuse for a beer really.

Oh, I also am proud to be probably in the last 0.0005% of the population of earth that has NEVER looked at facebook haha. I am so proud of that I'll probably have it put on my headstone

'He died without ever looking at facebook or owning a mobile phone' ;)

Is facebook a world wide common name? Maybe they call it facebokk in SA? (bad joke)

Is this the website you're talking about?

http://bathurstbulldogs.rugbynet.com.au/default.asp

For the life of me (and apropos to this discussion) I can't see anything about the big day early march.

Bullfrog

Stan Wickham (3)
OK, web site now has news item referring to March 9th games. (Starting times were confirmed this morning). Blowes cup draw for 1st grade, 2nd Grade and Colts can be found under resources library. 3rd grade draw (seperate) can also be found under resources.
Click on this link http://bathurstbulldogs.rugbynet.com.au/ and read news item. Navigate to resources on left hand side and review the draw (in current form).
Committee meeting tomorrow night and sign will be tabled. Signage is definitely one channel to communicate, web site another, email, facebook, printed media, radio also what we use. We also use teamer.net to communicate to our players at short notice. It used to be so much easier in the 80's (lol)

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
ooh, all excited!

drove past today, Mr Lawnmower was doing his thing but apart from that absolutely no indication anything was coming up soon.

Funny, had mar 9 in my mind, but somehow that was (till I checked) a sunday. Sunday sort of did not compute for a day of rugby.

Anyways, all sorted in me 'ead now, might have a nice brekkie at a rest. in town, head on out for a day of fun.

Back in time to catch the Super Rugby on tv, fun and games.

Status
Not open for further replies.