1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.
  1. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

You can have your freedom, we'll take your wives..
    Moses likes this.
  2. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

Don't worry too much about songs for other teams, 1 or 2 max. Just nice and simple.

Focus on songs for the Wallabies. You want to be spending your time getting behind them, not bagging out the other team.
  3. Karl Bill McLean (32)

I'd just like to see Waltzing Matilda done right for once and not kinda of die off at the end like a strangled cow when everyone forgets the words to the second verse.

At the RWC in 03, before the game, the hardcore English fans were handing out little sheets with the words for their chants on them to all of the English supporters. I thought that was a good idea.

Anyone seen this site? http://www.rugbysongs.net/
  4. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

To the tune of "Daddy Cool"
    Gold, Green & Gold
    Gold, Green & Gold
    Repeat
  5. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

You could also do "Green and Gold" to the same tune as "Hear we go"
    Moses likes this.
  6. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

That or "Men in gold".
  7. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

Love this chant from the Green Brigade (Celtic supporters) too:

[video=youtube;Aq2J146riTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2J146riTI[/video]

We'd chop it down. Guess what the tune is at the end? Roger ramjet!

Leader: Aussies!
    Crowd: Aussies!
    Leader: Come on you boys in Gold!
    Crowd: Come on you boys in Gold!
    Leader: Mighty green and gold
    Crowd: Might green and gold
    <Roger ramjet tune>

You might think it's too Soccer-esque, but the call/response chants are bloody awesome and bloody loud.
    Jets likes this.
  8. Goddess Stan Wickham (3)

Cute kid. Wonder why I keep expecting him to say "Let's roll these c*nts".
  9. DPK Peter Sullivan (51)

OK, hear me out on this one.

[video=youtube;aNsmiqmaEWo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNsmiqmaEWo[/video]

Every time this was played through the speakers at the RWC, people sang along. I've also heard a few crowds, including the Barmy Army, use this song to sledge players by changing the lyrics.

One I recall is:
    So, how about it?
  10. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

Movie doesn't load.
  11. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

I think we should focus on creating our own using australian songs (where possible) as the tunes.
  12. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

Which we have, see the 1st post, but they don't cut it. TBH, most are rather shit.
  13. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

So lets create some better ones.
  14. Army_Gav Jim Clark (26)

Not everything can be turned into a en masse song also, they just sound rubbish.
  15. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

How about a few player based ones. just small little ditties along the lines of Ooh Aah Glen McGrath, or He's Big, He's Red, His Feet Stick out the Bed, Peter Crouch, Peter Crouch? I like the more personalised ones.

Hey if the Music Men can do it and sell a f#cking CD we should be able to do it.
  16. Melbourne Terrace Darby Loudon (17)

people here always say this and it's for this reason that these things never get going. don't be locked in with just australian tunes because as gav says, they are mostly crap. Even the english don't restrict themselves like this as you will commonly hear them use tunes by australian (especially the seekers), european or american bands or other foreign songs. Tunes are tunes, it's the actual content that will define it as australian.
  17. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Hence where possible. All I can come up with is ACDCs TNT chorus where we swap "TNT" with "TPN".

I meant more that we should choose tunes that aren't already being used by other supporter groups
  18. Melbourne Terrace Darby Loudon (17)

i understand where you are coming from but it gets to the point where you think why bother when every group in the world shares tunes. there are few unique chants these days and cross overs are so common that it's not such a big deal
  19. Swat Chilla Wilson (44)

Fair play, we're not the most musically talented nation. Sure we've got some talented Aussie bands but Advance Australia Fair was the best we could come up with from a nation wide competition.
  20. Melbourne Terrace Darby Loudon (17)

the shame of that still stings me deeply....