• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheerio Deans

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
In light of events tonight, which culminated in me leaving ANZ five minutes early to the tune of Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio, I would like to take this opportunity to say cheerio Deans, thankyou for your input, your passion for rugby, which has been noted. Thankyou for building depth and offering your view, however we now need a new person at the reigns.

Cheerio indeed

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
In light of events tonight, which culminated in me leaving ANZ five minutes early to the tune of Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio

You were one of those! Jesus I paid big money my ticket. And I was there for every minute.

Only KIWIS and POMS leave a game early when they're getting hammered. Aussies are better sports than that.

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect ...

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
I hope the ARU don't use the proximity of the RC as an excuse to keep Deans on for longer. That was used Post-RWC and then again in the lead up to the Lions series.
I like Deans, but it someone else's turn now. I hope it's Link.

rsea

Darby Loudon (17)
Jake White please. Need someone to turn our boys into men

(Sent from my iPhone)

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
If we change now, we're out of RWC 2015. Maybe even not past the pool stages.

Don't take the pile of crap served up by the players today as an excuse to sack Deans. These same players were on par, occasionally better than this opposition last week. It was the players who floundered around.

Hell, Genia doesn't screw up four times, conceding four tries, and we win by 1. Blame him if you want to put the blame on someone, not the coach.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
You were one of those! Jesus I paid big money my ticket. And I was there for every minute.

Only KIWIS and POMS leave a game early when they're getting hammered. Aussies are better sports than that.
Easy tiger did you have three little guys to try and get home on a train? Better sports would also not tag our kiwi and lions supporters so easily either.....

-----------------------
I hate autocorrect .

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
In light of events tonight, which culminated in me leaving ANZ five minutes early to the tune of Cheerio Cheerio Cheerio, I would like to take this opportunity to say cheerio Deans, thankyou for your input, your passion for rugby, which has been noted. Thankyou for building depth and offering your view, however we now need a new person at the reigns.

Cheerio indeed

Good on the Supporters in Red for singing exactly that.

Rugby is not just about what happens on the field, between the first and last whistle from Sir.

The "extras" are Rugby's enduring charm and why fans are prepared to travel to the other side of the world to bathe in the Rugby's culture.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member

I'm ashamed to note that plenty of Tah Supporters stampede out of Moore Park early.

They can't all be of NZ or ENG extraction.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)

Don't take the pile of crap served up by the players today as an excuse to sack Deans. These same players were on par, occasionally better than this opposition last week. It was the players who floundered around.

Hell, Genia doesn't screw up four times, conceding four tries, and we win by 1. Blame him if you want to put the blame on someone, not the coach.

Why do you think 2 years out from a WC we are stuffed if he goes? CA had the courage to fire a coach 2 weeks out from a major series when the writing was on the wall that performances, attitudes and selection policies were failing. I think we are stuck with him for the remainder of his contract but only due to a lack of leadership at the top in the ARU.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

They players had shocking games tonight, but that is often what costs coaches their job. Happened to both Connolly and Jones.
Deans has had the team for 6 years. If we'd won several Bledisloe's and a World
Cup you could forgive tonight's result as an aberration. There have been gradual improvements by the team during Deans reign but the past has shown us nothing to suggest we would close the gap between us and the ABs ( for example) if we keep going the way we've been going.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)

That is rubbish. Two years is more than enough time to refine a squad under a new coach. If we do not change we will go to RWC 2015 with McCabe at 12, JOC (James O'Connor) at 10(or discarded completely) and the same front row.
Deans should never have had is contract renewed early before the last RWC.
Surely even the most staunch Deans die- hards must realize it is time for a change.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Pay him out. There is any number of coaches with obvious awesome coaching credentials that post on here that would do the job for nothing to save the ARU some money.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why do you think 2 years out from a WC we are stuffed if he goes? CA had the courage to fire a coach 2 weeks out from a major series when the writing was on the wall that performances, attitudes and selection policies were failing. I think we are stuck with him for the remainder of his contract but only due to a lack of leadership at the top in the ARU.

Every RWC since professionalism has been won by a team who has been under the same coach since 4 years prior. We have Deans until 2014 basically. That says to the successor "You have 18 games to make your world cup squad." As much as I like McKenzie, I doubt he can make a World Cup winning squad in less than 50 games.
Sure, come end of RWC2015 with no trophy, sack him good. But we committed to the guy for the years after RWC2011. Stick with it.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
That is rubbish. Two years is more than enough time to refine a squad under a new coach. If we do not change we will go to RWC 2015 with McCabe at 12, JOC (James O'Connor) at 10(or discarded completely) and the same front row.
Deans should never have had is contract renewed early before the last RWC.
Surely even the most staunch Deans die- hards must realize it is time for a change.

The McCabe will always be at 12 under Deans crap died this series. He could have easily started him there but instead picked his best 12 on offer.
2 years of a lot of games and time with the team, sure, but he'd be facing 20 games at most in the leadup to RWC. That just isn't enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.