• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cheetahs v Waratahs, round 17, Sunday 7 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Let's go Cheetahs. Do us Crusaders a favour.

Did Betham travel with the squad?

Betham is there & will be in the mix for a starting spot. Alternatively, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) will move to the wing due to Horne's suspension, Carraro will go to outside centre and Betham will be on the bench.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Problem is they need a winger who defend at 12 so they probably will move AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I reckon they'll pick Matt Carraro on the wing and Jono Lance will play on a 6:2 bench with Brendan McKibbin.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Whichever way Cheika & the selectors go with the backline, we must play up tempo from the get go in the vein of the most recent example of the 2 tries scored against the Lions when down 10-27.

The Tahs must shoot for and believe they can achieve a bonus point win to remain in command of top spot in the Oz conference before heading home to face the Reds.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Yep, we need someone to do Beale's tackling

Our defensive stats against the Lions were disastrous because Beale's defensive stats were about average for most of the backline and better than Foley's.

Only AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) and Horne had good defensive stats and Horne obviously got himself yellow carded which was arguably the difference between winning and losing.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
If it were me, I'd have a standard 5/3 bench for this, start with Carraro on the wing and have both him and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) move in one in defence, and have both Betham and Lance on the bench.
As has been said before, our forwards really need to step up for this, we need serious go-forward. I believe we need 5 points each of the next two weeks to be secure in getting a home semi, which means playing like we can for 80 minutes, not just for a 20 minute period sometime during the match.

PiXeL_Ninja

Bill Watson (15)
Coach Naka's departure last outing resulted in a hiding for the Cheetahs. New coach, players will be keen to show that they are/were not the problem. They will give it their all, but for a small union, with the amount of injuries they have(virtually all their boks), anything less than a 5 point win for the Tahs will be failure.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Carraro named on the wing and Potgeiter at 6 in place of Hoiles. everything else the same. 2 to be omitted from the bench.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
[Sarcasm] is good.

I am sick of posters moaning about referee performance on these threads. It is not a good look, and seldom is there any whinge when Sir has dudded the opposition team. All sour grapes which doesn't portray Gaggerland, and in particular Wallaby fans on here in the best light.

Poor refereeing is not a phenomena that is restricted to Safferland. The Kiwi whistle blowers and our lot are as prone to howlers as are the Saffer Whistleblowers, ARs and TMOs.

Remember the Match Official that awarded the Worlds First Own Try in last years NRC (Rays v Stars) was one of our own. Yet to see a Saffer make a call as bad as that.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Dean Mumm playing this game? Curious to see what standard of rugby he is at given his high accolades in the NH.

Status
Not open for further replies.