• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Force Round 11 in Cowtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
No issue with the red stupid by prior should get weeks.

I'm ganna sound like a true force fan but ffs Gardner. How many knock ons and forward passes can you miss in 1 phase of play I counted 4. 1 from the force 3 from the Chiefs and he lets it go which then ends up being a penalty called by the touchy on the force try line.

M

Moono75

The ref is better off calling netball. Yellow card......play on.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
ca4a88ee2cae563d374d3b68d1d3225eff40512bd1a15fb59ca1ab93bdcb19b8.jpg

M

Moono75

Prior had his head down drive through. Chiefs player twisted in air himself resulting in the side on landing on shoulder.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Prior had his head down drive through. Chiefs player twisted in air himself resulting in the side on landing on shoulder.
The onus will always be on the tackler. Don't lift and if you do, let go of the player immediately before they get flipped beyond the horizontal.

It's no secret that World Rugby is really trying to get rid of lifting tackles.

G

galumay

Otherwise it is too much of an inconsistent punishment and often costs teams more points than they deserve for the offence.

So how many points SHOULD it cost a team where a players well being is put at such risk?

Sorry but i have zero sympathy for this sort of behaviour, its inexcusable.

M

Moono75

The onus will always be on the tackler. Don't lift and if you do, let go of the player immediately before they get flipped beyond the horizontal.

It's no secret that World Rugby is really trying to get rid of lifting tackles.
Give him a yellow.....Give him a double yellow......ref effectively sealed the game for an offence tha t wasn't intentional or with malice. Hope we come cackling and Dark the chiefs.

Blake

Ted Fahey (11)
Yeah I also have zero sympathy for the offender and that's why we have bans, fines ect. But I do for the game, the rest of the team and the fans.

How much should a team be punished for an individual mistake? No more than 10 points.

My main beef though is the inconsistency of the red card, This week it was 52 minutes, next week it might be 13 or 78 minutes for the same offence, pot luck. IMO that's crazy.

(my last post on the matter as I don't wont to hijack the thread)

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
When referees get trained, they get told the following:

Over the horizontal = yellow
Over the horizontal and dropped on head = red

Every referee on the planet is told this in their level 1 refereeing course.

The players know this.

There is no excuse.

G

galumay

Yeah I also have zero sympathy for the offender and that's why we have bans, fines ect. But I do for the game, the rest of the team and the fans.

How much should a team be punished for an individual mistake? No more than 10 points.

My main beef though is the inconsistency of the red card, This week it was 52 minutes, next week it might be 13 or 78 minutes for the same offence, pot luck. IMO that's crazy.

(my last post on the matter as I don't wont to hijack the thread)

I get your point, but the players know the rules and know the consequences. It wasnt like he 'accidently' lifted him. Maybe there is some other way to deal with it, but the consequences have to be severe enough to stop players being so ill disciplined.

Maybe, yellow, but offending player cant be brought back on, replacement to be used, and a penalty try.

Then the report needs to lead to a lengthy ban for the offending player as well.

(my last post on it too, but its a worthy discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.