• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Force Round 11 in Cowtown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez what choice did the ref have? Didn't really enjoy game because of Priors stupidity, and the fact that Chiefs then decided to play bloody ordinary rugby. Still sometimes this is what happens.

brokendown

Vay Wilson (31)
Actually it was Prior, not the Ref.

Mind you its quite feasible the Chiefs would have flogged them it Prior had not had a brain explosion, they definitely took the foot off the pedal after half time.
they should have clinically demolished the force-instead the went into happy hour mode doing the one percenters

M

Moono75

Mind you its quite feasible the Chiefs would have flogged them it Prior had not had a brain explosion, they definitely took the foot off the pedal after half time.
I'll look forward to burying our bunny team the Tahs real soon. And you know it.

M

Moono75

Geez what choice did the ref have? Didn't really enjoy game because of Priors stupidity, and the fact that Chiefs then decided to play bloody ordinary rugby. Still sometimes this is what happens.
Yep we didn't compete. Chiefs just gave up. Condescending.....is it any wonder For
ce fans get pissed off with the rest of you. Fark me!

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I only caught about 10-15 minutes at the end of the first half. 100% behind the ref on this one. Only thing I ask is that it is consistently applied at test level and at the RWC.

Haven't seen the rest of it but bloody proud that we only went down by 8 points after 50 minutes with only 14 men away against arguably the best side in the competition. Hope we put one over the Blues next week.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The Chiefs would be far from happy about that performance I would think, even taking the 5 points.

As for the Force I think they made the most of a Chiefs side that relaxed totally when Prior was sent. They played with a lot of heart and it wasn't readily apparent that the Force only had 14 on the park.

That said the Force game plan even before Prior went off remains totally on dimensional. It was telling that the Force kicked possession from outside the 22 and the Chiefs received it near their 22. They received it under no pressure and ran it back to the half way before the high ball was put up. The Force player received it and the Chiefs player very shortly after. Therein lies the key difference between the Force kicking and most other sides. The kicks are contestable and actually contested.

Unless their opponents play badly I doubt the Force will win another game this season. It is in the intent of how they play, not in the skills available.

That said well done Force players it was a great effort even with a dire game plan and especially one man down against the top ranked NZ side (I believe so since they won tonight).

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)

Untill That red the force were right in that game. Force played really well even after. Cheifs most likely would of lost is A better conclusion if prior didn't get carded.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Priors tackle was terrible. So was TNWilliams punch after it that went Unnoticed. The ruck was interpreted very interestingly. Rucks that were formed still had hands everywhere and pilfers. Consistent though. I'm happy with the performance. Well done boys. With another man on the field we would have really had a good shot at wining that game

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
Yeh. I don't get it. It looks like. He didn't intend it to happen. He knew strait away. Either way he had to get a ban

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
"Mitigating factors that I took into account include the player's good record, his shame at letting his teammates down during the match and his early acceptance of guilt and genuine contrition for his actions.
'As a result of these factors, I reduced the suspension to three weeks, which was accepted by the player.'"

Seriously, what's the point?
Is anyone ever going to say the prick deserved it and I don't give a toos about my team.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought that too. But in Prior's defence he did immediately apologise after the tackle. Not every player does that.

Shiggins

Steve Williams (59)
The problem is a player trys to make a big hit. They lift and before they get a chance to drive forward the tackled player looks for the ground.

M

Moono75

Whens someone going to get board and start a Force v Blues thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.