• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Reds, Rd 11, Sat May 6th, 5;35pm AEST

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yes. That's 3rd receiver. ;-)

But you obviously were referring to the first 2 tests when he was at 12. Has he played there since then?

And thanks KOB I was wondering what I got wrong. "Second reciever" is not really a firmly used term. But it IS a target for many rush defences.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
Link became highly distracted with his and the QRU's quest for him to coach the Wallabies, and then in parallel the gradual 'delegation' of the team to my favourite Reds HC closely loved and sponsored in as he was by the then QRU Chairman.

I have often wondered if Link will one day wish he stayed in charge for 4-5 years longer before taking the Wallaby job. He had a pretty good team, I think he could have probably got to the finals a few years in a row and possibly won another title.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
OK DP has had non-Soup experience at 15. I'd have prefered to keep him to 12 and keep the changes at 15.

With K yes of cuase he's been playing at 13. We've got him at 12 here, or not? More to the point the centre defense looks dodgy.

I think Duncan P is at 15 to give verbal support to QC (Quade Cooper) like Khunt does. I think he can read a game and this is why Khunt has been so good for the team....and should be in gold later this season.

Not a fan of Kerevi at 12, I still don't think he can pass very well (happy if he proves me wrong).

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I think Duncan P is at 15 to give verbal support to QC (Quade Cooper) like Khunt does. I think he can read a game and this is why Khunt has been so good for the team..and should be in gold later this season.

Not a fan of Kerevi at 12, I still don't think he can pass very well (happy if he proves me wrong).

OK backs are not my personal experience. But honest, can not DP talk to Quade 12 to 10?

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I have often wondered if Link will one day wish he stayed in charge for 4-5 years longer before taking the Wallaby job. He had a pretty good team, I think he could have probably got to the finals a few years in a row and possibly won another title.

2014 would have been a decent chance

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
OK backs are not my personal experience. But honest, can not DP talk to Quade 12 to 10?

Yes, but if you watch highlights of games it seems that Hunt seems to add a lot, possibly he gets a wider view of what is happening.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Yes, but if you watch highlights of games it seems that Hunt seems to add a lot, possibly he gets a wider view of what is happening.

I've heard that 15 gives a good location for seeing, but does Hunt talk because he sees or because he talks? I would have thought 12 is a good spot for a productive talker.

Anyway, no doubt Nick knows what he is doing.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Really keen to see kerevi at 12, I think it's his best position. He struggles with defence at 13, too many options, but at 12 he's rock solid. He's a hell of a ball runner, and with a bit of development could become our Nonu. He's also the perfect type of player to pair with Cooper at 10, as that gives Cooper that hard running direct 12 to use as an option to get some momentum over the advantage line, like Fainga'a was used back in 2010/2011.

He's such a powerful runner that he'll attract multiple defenders, and with a bit of brains he can be used to create so much space out wide. The old 3/3/3/1 combo from the 10. Hit Kerevi a couple of times in the 12 channel, let him offload to support runners, THEN miss him and hit the 13 who's now in much more space as the defenders are focused on shutting down Kerevi.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Really keen to see kerevi at 12, I think it's his best position. He struggles with defence at 13, too many options, but at 12 he's rock solid. He's a hell of a ball runner, and with a bit of development could become our Nonu. He's also the perfect type of player to pair with Cooper at 10, as that gives Cooper that hard running direct 12 to use as an option to get some momentum over the advantage line, like Fainga'a was used back in 2010/2011.

Depends how you want to play the game. I prefer some razzle over bish-bash. DP as second fly and Hunt as third playmaker is the stuff of dreams - if we can mature it. K and the other outside backs should have a chance in the backs plays to occasionally hit the in centre slot with intent. Design the play that way.

But give me a creative second fly over a thump it up 12 any day.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
If Stephen Donald comes in, it's a clear upgrade for the Chiefs to add another world cup winner to their side.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Only a bonus point win will do for the Chiefs apparently.

http://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/su...polished-display-against-reds-in-new-plymouth

"We don't talk about bonus points in any game we go into, it's normally about opportunities, and hopefully playing well enough to put yourself into a position where you can get three more tries than the opposition," he said.

"There's no doubt when we're late in a game and we're in that spot we're discussing it. We've missed out on a couple the last two weeks.

"So they're important, but we don't want to risk losing games chasing points."

The Reds are there for the taking though, sitting third in a weak Australian conference, with two wins from nine."

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.