• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Chiefs v Wales, 14th June 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I'm fairly certain it's not.

CHIEFS: James Lowe, Toni Pulu, Anton Lienert-Brown, Andrew Horrell, Sam Vaka, Stephen Donald (c), Brad Weber, Tom Sanders, Lachlan Boshier, Mitchell Brown, Michael Allardice, Dominic Bird, Hiroshi Yamashita, Rhys Marshall, Mitchell Graham. Reserves: Hika Elliot, Siegfried Fisi'ihoi, Atu Moli, Taleni Seu, Tevita Koloamatangi, Kayne Hammington, Sam McNicol, Latu Vaeno.

WALES: Matthew Morgan, Eli Walker, Tyler Morgan, Scott Williams , Tom James, Rhys Priestland, Gareth Davies; Rob Evans, Scott Baldwin, Tomas Francis, Jake Ball, Luke Charteris (c), Josh Turnbull, Ellis Jenkins, James King. Reserves: Kristian Dacey, Aaron Jarvis, Rhodri Jones, Bradley Davies, Ross Moriarty , Aled Davies, Gareth Anscombe, Rhys Patchell.

Wales should win this rather handily, I think.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
How did James King not score? Looked like he was in for all money. More importantly, how did Chiefs win the penalty when their bloke never let King go? Surely the tackler has to release the tackled player before the tackled player releases the ball? Strange call from Fraser IMO.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Try Stephen Donald, 21-0 coming up. Unless Welsh 5 has got his arm under the ball. I don't think he has, his hand appears to be above Donald's. Fraser calls held up, 5m scrum with Chiefs ball. FFS.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Doesn't matter, Dom Bird goes over for 19-0. Made the Welsh 13 look rather foolish in the process with a nice in & out. Donald converts, 21-0!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
James Lowe with what will surely be the match-winner, 28-7 & only ~12 min to go after Donald slots it with his one good leg & hobbles off to a deserved standing O. Legend.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Bloody hell Wales. They're just unbelievably rubbish. Don't get me wrong, Chiefs have been sublime. But there's no go forward, there's no creativity and there's bugger all cohesion.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
2nd half time in oppo 22: Wales ~8 min, Chiefs >1 min. They've weathered at least four 20+ phase assaults, two of them pretty much back to back. Great D from Chiefs but if I'm the Wales attack coach I'm avoiding eye contact with Gatland right now.........

Status
Not open for further replies.