• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Christian lealiifano's 2012 MOM games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
Was watching the Highlanders/Brumbies game from this year last night, and the commentator mentioned he'd been MOM in 3 of their previous games. As the highlanders played us in round 5, that's a hell of an achievement as I know he scored a for more after that.

Tried googling for it, but couldn't find an answer: How many MOM awards did he win this season?

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Was watching the Highlanders/Brumbies game from this year last night, and the commentator mentioned he'd been MOM in 3 of their previous games. As the highlanders played us in round 5, that's a hell of an achievement as I know he scored a for more after that.

Tried googling for it, but couldn't find an answer: How many MOM awards did he win this season?
He was on fire.
if he repeats that form.....

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Very impressive last season, my pick for our first choice 10 this season. Cooper maybe on the bench. Beale? Not sure.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Very impressive last season, my pick for our first choice 10 this season. Cooper maybe on the bench. Beale? Not sure.
My incomplete sentence was because I didn't want the Reds supporters coming over here and turning this into a thread about QC (Quade Cooper) but I fully agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TOCC

If Lealifano repeats that form then he deserves the opportunity to make his test debut....

But, as we all know Super Rugby form doesn't always translate to Teat form so I wouldn't be pegging my hopes on him been Wallaby 5/8... Regardless of form, Beale and Barnes will be ahead of him as they are somewhat proven at test level.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
In a very rude way I've been saying for years Christian is good enough to play for the wobs. fantastic talent.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
In a very rude way I've been saying for years Christian is good enough to play for the wobs. fantastic talent.

I think he looked great, but, I would have liked him to finish the season still performing when the comp got hard.

We have two 10s who have performed well in the Super finals and tests, Cooper and Beale, the rest are on the next level.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I think he looked great, but, I would have liked him to finish the season still performing when the comp got hard.

We have two 10s who have performed well in the Super finals and tests, Cooper and Beale, the rest are on the next level.

I'd say Cooper has been adequate in Tests - I'm not so sure about performing well.

T

TOCC

I'd say Cooper has been adequate in Tests - I'm not so sure about performing well.

Still, performing adequately in tests is more then Lealifano has displayed in Tests..

Lealifano deserves the opportunity to show his skills at test level, but in the pecking order he is still below others because he isn't proven..

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Still, performing adequately in tests is more then Lealifano has displayed in Tests..

Lealifano deserves the opportunity to show his skills at test level, but in the pecking order he is still below others because he isn't proven..

Yeah....that's a fair enuff statement.....although 2013 Super Rugby may be an opportunity for Lealifano to push his case past QC (Quade Cooper)'s...

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Regardless of Super Rugby form it is going to take several of the options in front of him to be injured for Lealo to get a look in for the Lions tour.

If he has a good year I expect he'll make his test debut off the bench in The Rugby Championship next year.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think Coopers 68 percent win record in tests is a lot more than adequate. Having said that Lealiifano is a great looking player. No doubts at all from me that he can play test rugby if he can stay on the park.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Coopers 68 percent win record in tests is a lot more than adequate. Having said that Lealiifano is a great looking player. No doubts at all from me that he can play test rugby if he can stay on the park.

I'm not trying to have a go at you at all Sully but I think it's interesting that there seems to be different benchmarks for different people.

I agree with you that Cooper's winning percentage at 68 is pretty good all things considered but Robbie Deans having the same winning percentage (it is of course lower) wouldn't be considered good enough by most people because they keep mentioning the 75% winning percentage that was created as a KPI goal.

The more people are disliked, the higher the benchmarks that seem to be set for them.

T

TOCC

Having said that Lealiifano is a great looking player. No doubts at all from me that he can play test rugby if he can stay on the park.

Yeah he is pretty handsome isn't he?

Christian+Lealiifano+Super+Rugby+Rd+8+Brumbies+Dlj4exJad6Ql.jpg

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)

Obviously QC (Quade Cooper) contributed at least 1/15 of the workload to get that 68 test win percentage but I don't like that stat being cited. I do concede in an attacking team the flyhalf is the most important position on the park, but not by any great margin.

A rugby flyhalf =/= an American football quarterback, you don't win because of them.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Deans has a win percentage of around 60. Larkham and McQueen are around doing 72 percent. Which would you prefer to be closer to?

Status
Not open for further replies.