• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Christmas presents

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
RF, my mother in law is an old troll whose own daughters don't even like. The rest of them are alright, but unfortunately it's a package deal.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
RF, my mother in law is an old troll whose own daughters don't even like. The rest of them are alright, but unfortunately it's a package deal.
Boet you need to work on this. My Ouma (mother in law) is the best. She loves her rugby and watch every test with me. When we watch the Bokke they'll never lose and she teached me methods when the place kicker lines their kicks up. Love her whisky with water and rugby make no mistake. She past 70 but I plan to take her to Newlands one of these days. It do take some time but you'll get there.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Boet you need to work on this. My Ouma (mother in law) is the best. She loves her rugby and watch every test with me. When we watch the Bokke they'll never lose and she teached me methods when the place kicker lines their kicks up. Love her whisky with water and rugby make no mistake. She past 70 but I plan to take her to Newlands one of these days. It do take some time but you'll get there.
Ask Thomo he met her when he visited.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)

She's beyond help mate ;) The Father in Law is good value, but her -- no way.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Christmas is just around the corner.

What are Gaggerlanders hoping for?

What are they getting their young'uns?

What do Gaggerlanders think is an "acceptable" amount to spend on a kid?

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Christmas is just around the corner.

What are Gaggerlanders hoping for?

Some peace and quiet for me thanks mate! Maybe a nice deck out the back of my joint to enjoy over the summer.

What are they getting their young'uns?

What do Gaggerlanders think is an "acceptable" amount to spend on a kid?

One of life's toughest questions there HJ. It's a tough gig deciding what to get the kids isn't it. Kids just seem to have so many things these days, I don't remember having so many things when I was a kid. My daughters will be stoked with a doll's house, so Santa might get one sorted for them.

Yours HJ?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Best and Worst Presents this year.

Best: "Hugh Jarse" Stubby Holder - just like the Avatar.

Worst: Battery powered pumice stone foot grinder.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I hope everyone at G&GR had a great Christmas!

:lmao: no man, the thing about Grannys is that you only realise their value once they are gone.

I know this too well (grew up under the same roof as my maternal grand parents). Grandparents are awesome! Wish Pop was still here, wish there was a cure for Nana's illness.

I can empathise with you about relo’s though Hornet. I have two very different experiences. One of my cousins whose a year older than me has 5 kids. We are like two peas in a pod. They come here multiple times a year, when they come here around Christmas it is my best present of all. The kids are into sport & art – just as I was so we bond over activities like that - beach, footy, drawing, music, video games – good times. I’m looking forward to the day their mother is confident enough to let me take them for motorcycle rides. I also have similar experiences with mates of mine who are like family.

One of my other cousins who I was close to growing up has recently had their first child. I’m very happy for the cousin but it is unlikely we’ll be any closer now other than facebook & yearly cards to each other at Christmas. Quite simply, my cousins mother (sister-in-law to my mother) is a psychopath who has always been nasty to my mother (& me). She took shots at my other cousin too. People say you have to make an effort to keep the peace for the sake of family but they don’t realise maniacs like my aunt take advantage of that. Mum & I got sick of it long ago.

Basically I’m all for cutting negative people out of your life – even if it they are blood but it seems like you’re stuck in a hard place :( I think beer, wine, & spirits would be a good remedy?

Best and Worst Presents this year.

Best: "Hugh Jarse" Stubby Holder - just like the Avatar.

Worst: Battery powered pumice stone foot grinder.

Oh man, I've had one of these - they don't work.

The way Christmas goes in our family is the parents buy the kids presents & an item of two for themselves whereas the rest of us don’t buy for the kids but we put in the most for food/alcohol, etc.

For Christmas I ordered a PlayStation 4 (the cousins are certainly excited about that, mum wants a bluray so she's all for it). I got some comic/manga paper & graphic pens set, & a few animation box sets of series I watched when I was younger (ah nostalgia). I gave Mum $150 because I never know what to give her. Nana got spirits & new clothes.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
I got 4 pairs of shoes (2x Jordans.....wooohoooo!!) a pair of Chucks and some Puma running shoes (which apparently means I HAVE to go running....LOL). Also got a a 'fitbit' wristband thing which pretty cool.

The kids probably got too much IMHO. I hate seeing kids ripping off the christmas wrapping, ohhh-ing and ahh-ing for a few seconds and then rushing off to the next pressie. Trying to teach my kids a sense of appreciation for what they have.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I got 4 pairs of shoes (2x Jordans...wooohoooo!!) a pair of Chucks and some Puma running shoes (which apparently means I HAVE to go running..LOL). Also got a a 'fitbit' wristband thing which pretty cool.

The kids probably got too much IMHO. I hate seeing kids ripping off the christmas wrapping, ohhh-ing and ahh-ing for a few seconds and then rushing off to the next pressie. Trying to teach my kids a sense of appreciation for what they have.

Even worse when they end up playing with the wrapping & ignore the gift all together!

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Being a bit of a book worm I got "The First Lions of Rugby" by Sean Fagan & Victor Mattfield's autobiography. Half way through the first and it is well worth the read.

I also got a battery operated walking oinking pig. Long story there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It's that time of the year again.

What were your best and worst presents from Christmas 2015 (Edit: Oops) 2014?

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Father in law is a woodworker. We all ended up with a beautiful timber box this year with a awesome veneer on the top. Mine has a Cape Lilac veneer, the others were a Jarrah Burl or olive tree.

ef211a613bab9c81f9540d3ee4650595_zps478d84ce.jpg

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Love the one centre/top row.

I got a new weights bench and a French jersey in the style they wore on tour this year (the best they've worn in over a decade IMHO). I treated myself to a concert Bluray disc when at JB yesterday (Dream Theater - Live At Luna Park).

yourmatesam

Desmond Connor (43)
Bagged myself a new pair of runners, in preparation for season 2015. Looking forward to giving them a workout tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.