• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Clarke's tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought there was a general rule when you win the toss in a test match. You bat! If it's a green pitch and overcast then you think about fielding then you bat!If it looks like rain...... You bat!!!!!!!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Sure.

However it sounds to me as if you are taking personal offense to his brash personality as a bias towards his actual cricketing knowledge.

He writes quite a few cricket articles around that place, that have completely humbled my understanding of the game.

Maybe track some down, and base your opinion on more than his commentary.

He is a very easy man to dislike, however that does not mean much when it comes to his cricketing aptitude.

I am sure that my objection to his personality is part of it, however I haven't read or heard anything from him that had humbled my knowledge of the game. (I was a club and 1st team captain and chairman of selectors for a 7 team club - so my knowledge is reasonable.)

Warne's grasp of various tactical ploys is what impresses me the most. I dont hold Chappell's higher than the likes of Taylor or Vaughan.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I thought there was a general rule when you win the toss in a test match. You bat! If it's a green pitch and overcast then you think about fielding then you bat!If it looks like rain.. You bat!!!!!!!
I agree,but having said that,if Australia held their catches.
I think everyone might be saying it was an inspired choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.