1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Club Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Club Rugby' started by MrTimms, Mar 9, 2012.

1. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

To those of you who don't know, I am involved in a "club" called Mudchooks. They are more a barbarians style group than a club, pulling a team together when needed.

We have predominantly played the Hottest 7s in Darwin and have a bit of a following up there. Because of this we are regularly invited to tournaments all around the place, but usually pulling the group together for these tournaments is too hard and expensive.

I would like to draw on the community to get some ideas on raising funds, either through fund raising drives or even better, sponsorship. the jersey is clean at the moment, but we would sell it.

Anyone have any ideas? Anyone want to buy a Jersey sponsorship?
  2. matty_k Peter Johnson (47)

KooGa has a competition running at the moment. It would be worth a shot.
    MrTimms and suckerforred like this.
  3. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

Thanks Matty, I think I might have some video work to do.
  4. RugbyFuture Lord Logo

Im currently directing the procurement of funds for my solar car team, which as you can imagine due to the technology involved is a fair amount (half a mil) what I suggest is creating a sponsorship package, levels and shwing where they would feature and then trying to get to the coms and marketing people at any business you think would like or be aware of rugby people within its fanbase.
  5. humanbeast Ted Fahey (11)

Groote Eylandt mudchoocks?
  6. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

The one and only.

do you know them?
  7. humanbeast Ted Fahey (11)

I know a player, Michael Zovko
  8. humanbeast Ted Fahey (11)

I also noticed that another team has taken the name mudchooks
  9. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

Yeah, Mick was the captain this year, he was down in Brisbane the other week too.

Yeah, they have taken the name, stupid thing about that is they play in some of the same tournaments.
  10. suckerforred Chilla Wilson (44)

Have you looked into registering it as a trademark or some such? This would provide some certainity for sponsors.
  11. MrTimms Ken Catchpole (46)

Yeah, looking into it as we go.