• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Coaching Options for Qld Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

Generally, the more capable, adaptable, well managed and competent you are in any endeavour, the less prone you will be the unavoidable impact of intrinsic randomness (aka 'luck').

I get your point. But by your logic, Michael Hooper and Nick Phipps are far more diligent in their injury management than Dave Dennis and David Pocock.

I'd be willing to bet that Dennis with his history of knee injuries and Pocock with his general professional nature would follow S & C advise to a tee. Why did they suffers season ending injuries in 2014 and not other players? Some player are just more susceptible. Ever since 2012, Pocock has been so carefully managed, yet still suffered repeat season ending injuries.

I generally agree with the premise of what you are saying RH. But some factors are beyond the control of the team's management no matter how diligently they prepare.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Record participation numbers?

So let's do the "What have the Romans done for?" Thing.

Profit.
Record numbers.
Reporting on the club scene is better than most states.
IT approach second to none, example is streaming the NRC.
For that matter the NRC, Qld sets the standard I think?
Bringing through new blood.
There will be others.

And no, it's not enough when take a view of 2015. Not nearly enough. Numbers are dwindling. A fan culture of unbridled despondency. The handling of Grahame. The handling of Quade.

Not nearly good enough. Some awesome peaks, but failed to maintain. Some regression from the heights might be acceptable (though annoying). But the nadir we approach is utterly hopeless.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I can't stomach the record participation numbers Reg. They count everyone and everything. In reality a lot of commuted participants have dropped. Also in the past they didn't keep data on school visits the same way they do for Rookies to Reds.

I worked as a Rugby Development Officer for 3 years and the number of schools playing rugby at our fields was crazy. We'd have 3 or 4 comps a week. Now all these same schools (8 years later) play league at the same ground. They might enter a sevens team in a one day tournament but it's the week in, week out that makes the difference in my eyes.

I'm not totally against the QRU as they do some things really well but the participation thing being brought up all the time as some badge of honour gets my goat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LRB

Stan Wickham (3)
It would be refreshing news if Matt O'Connor is appointed, but I read in the Australian today that there was a renewed push from the board to reappoint Richard Graham. To me it beggars belief and they still acknowledged the risk of further fan disengagement and a player revolt, hardly a ringing endorsement of an action.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
It would be refreshing news if Matt O'Connor is appointed, but I read in the Australian today that there was a renewed push from the board to reappoint Richard Graham. To me it beggars belief and they still acknowledged the risk of further fan disengagement and a player revolt, hardly a ringing endorsement of an action.

truly baffling.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think that stuff is being leaked by a very few of Richard's closest allies to Wayne Smith. However they are the only allies RG now has. He will be gone from the HC role for sure with Matt O'Connor as the head Coach and Knuckles still director of rugby and my guess is Taylor as defensive/assistant coach and Stiles as forwards coach.

Floggn'

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Coaching Leinster and getting sacked from your last job seems like a good CV to win an Australia Super rugby title. If only he had experience at Stade Francais.

Rumour has it the Reds are sending him there in our off season for 6 weeks!;)

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This has to be good news for some beleaguered Redlanders:

Further recommendations will be to continue the work that has already been completed around coaching structures, including an exhaustive local and international market assessment. As such a committee will be formed and the QRU will call for any final expressions of interest in the roles of Head Coach and Attack and Defence Coach with a view to finalising those appointments early next month.

http://www.redsrugby.com.au/News/Ne...-Queensland-Reds-High-Performance-Review.aspx

Reactions: dru

Parse

Bill Watson (15)
Actually, it's bad news

"Current Reds Head Coach, Richard Graham will be included in that process."

His tenure should have already have been completed. Since it isn't, that only means he is the Red's head coach.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
No need for this thread anymore.

Redland HQ has made their determination.

We should be so lucky.
rearrange-deckchairs-and-ignore-sinking-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.