• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Not sure of Uni , have heard 2 different names ,Parra is a parent from Oakhill , Wests from the grade ranks.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
I have heard whispers that there has been a complete changeout at Wicks, to support the Stallion Rugby Model coming through from Grade.

T

Tahboy

Wade Kelly has replaced all last grade coaches with only Jason brewer from 1st colts with any qualifications or experience
A lot of Stallion rugby personnel have been given roless
Only 1 coach per grade plus a club scrum coach and a line out coach
Colts who have been a big focus for the past 3 years is a low priority with the winning 3rd colts coaches gone and maybe the backs 1st colts coach returning. All managers and trainers are gone
What the you know what hit the fan if the club has a bad start to the season.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Parra colts is headed up by Steve Tuckwell, with support from several other well qualified coaches. Colts is a major focus for the club in 2013, Christini is adamant that developing the huge junior potential is the future of the club. After years of neglect, look for Parra to reclaim some of its lost nurseries such as Kings and Oakhill, not to mention Westfield and hills sports highs plus all the schools west of Auburn that fill CHS and CCC every year.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Re-establishing and nurturing the links with Kings, Oakhill, and the two Sports High Schools would be a very wise strategy which should bear fruit for the Two Blues.

I wonder what "low hanging fruit" there would be for the Penrith Colts to target?
Blue Mountain Grammar (Div II ISA), Hawkesbury Ag (UWS nowdays isn't it), Are there any CHS or CCC schools with active union teams/programmes out that way?

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Wade Kelly has replaced all last grade coaches with only Jason brewer from 1st colts with any qualifications or experience
A lot of Stallion rugby personnel have been given roless
Only 1 coach per grade plus a club scrum coach and a line out coach
Colts who have been a big focus for the past 3 years is a low priority with the winning 3rd colts coaches gone and maybe the backs 1st colts coach returning. All managers and trainers are gone
What the you know what hit the fan if the club has a bad start to the season.

risky strategy

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Parra colts is headed up by Steve Tuckwell, with support from several other well qualified coaches. Colts is a major focus for the club in 2013, Christini is adamant that developing the huge junior potential is the future of the club. After years of neglect, look for Parra to reclaim some of its lost nurseries such as Kings and Oakhill, not to mention Westfield and hills sports highs plus all the schools west of Auburn that fill CHS and CCC every year.

I hope it works, and I hope I'm wrong with this next comment:

I think Parra is dreaming if they think Kings and Oakhill boys will go to Parra instead of Eastwood.
You're better off focusing your time on the Sports High Schools. Private school people just won't fit in at a working class club.

As I said, hope I'm wrong though

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Warringah have lost 6+ coaches in Colts
Coordinator Hogan departed after 2 years
Interesting to see who comes in!

I worked with Hogan a few years ago. He's a great organiser. This is a significant loss for the Rats. Though I did hear that he and Sam Harris couldn't stand each other

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Seems to be a fair few coaches looking for gigs for 2013.

Where will they all go - back on the merry-go-round and get off when the music stops, or will they be lost to the game forever?

2bluesfan

Nev Cottrell (35)

I think Parra is dreaming if they think Kings and Oakhill boys will go to Parra instead of Eastwood.
You're better off focusing your time on the Sports High Schools. Private school people just won't fit in at a working class club.h
I agree with what you've said in relation to Kings but Parra has some Oakhill boys already and that should help. The changes that Christini and the Parra GM have instigated will attract better players - all the better if they are local! Christini has already shown that he is prepared to give talent a chance. It's definitely a place of opportunity for young players.

C

Casnovian

NSW Under 19s Academy who were selected to go up and play Queensland at Ballymore yesterday.
David Horwitz stepped up into the "next level" playing very well from his recent disappointment not going to NZ. Scott Purcell great sprint down the sideline for deserved try.
The heat (some say 34 degrees) took its toll early - despite 15 minute drinks by the ref.
Look forward to the next phase in this development strand.

1.​
Max Jones
Norths
2.​
Stan Ta’ufo’ou
West Harbour
3.​
Alan Alala’atoa
West Harbour
4.​
Jake Kay
Norths
5.​
Peter Barret
Warringah
6.​
Ephraim Lesa
Easts
7.​
Declan Carroll
Norths
8.​
Harrison Orr
West Harbour
9.​
Sam Quinn
Sydney University
10.​
Mark Baldwin
Randwick
11.​
Pat Sio
Norths
12.​
Tom Shaw
Sydney University
13.​
Rhys Dombkins
Manly
14.​
Jock Merriman
Sydney University
15.​
Harry Boileau
Easts
16.​
David Horwitz
Scots College
17.​
Andrew Norton
Randwick
18.​
Michael Freeman
Norths
19.​
Paul Asquith
Southern Districts
20.​
Finlay McDonald
Sydney University
21.​
Chris Ingate
Sydney University
22.​
Alex Northam
Manly
23.​
Nathan Roye
Randwick
24.​
Scott Purcell
Gordon
25.​
Chris Smith
Norths

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)

Kings boys head to Uni if they're studying there generally via an affiliation with one of the Residential Colleges. If they're studying elsewhere it's Eastwood first choice as many are juniors with smaller numbers going to Gordon, Norths and Easts. Can't recall a first XV player going to Parra in the last decade plus.

CTPE

Nev Cottrell (35)
NSW Under 19s Academy who were selected to go up and play Queensland at Ballymore yesterday.
David Horwitz stepped up into the "next level" playing very well from his recent disappointment not going to NZ. Scott Purcell great sprint down the sideline for deserved try.
The heat (some say 34 degrees) took its toll early - despite 15 minute drinks by the ref.
Look forward to the next phase in this development strand.

1.​
Max Jones
Norths
2.​
Stan Ta’ufo’ou
West Harbour
3.​
Alan Alala’atoa
West Harbour
4.​
Jake Kay
Norths
5.​
Peter Barret
Warringah
6.​
Ephraim Lesa
Easts
7.​
Declan Carroll
Norths
8.​
Harrison Orr
West Harbour
9.​
Sam Quinn
Sydney University
10.​
Mark Baldwin
Randwick
11.​
Pat Sio
Norths
12.​
Tom Shaw
Sydney University
13.​
Rhys Dombkins
Manly
14.​
Jock Merriman
Sydney University
15.​
Harry Boileau
Easts
16.​
David Horwitz
Scots College
17.​
Andrew Norton
Randwick
18.​
Michael Freeman
Norths
19.​
Paul Asquith
Southern Districts
20.​
Finlay McDonald
Sydney University
21.​
Chris Ingate
Sydney University
22.​
Alex Northam
Manly
23.​
Nathan Roye
Randwick
24.​
Scott Purcell
Gordon
25.​
Chris Smith
Norths

Three Kings boys in this list - Max Jones, Michael Freeman and Chris Ingate - all playing a long way from Parra.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)

You're better off focusing your time on the Sports High Schools. Private school people just won't fit in at a working class club.

As I said, hope I'm wrong though
We'll see.

Blackers13

Syd Malcolm (24)
Kings boys head to Uni if they're studying there generally via an affiliation with one of the Residential Colleges. If they're studying elsewhere it's Eastwood first choice as many are juniors with smaller numbers going to Gordon, Norths and Easts. Can't recall a first XV player going to Parra in the last decade plus.
We'll see...

M

Mr Magoo

Does anyone know if there is a National squad being picked from the U19 weekend? If so who has been picked?

Status
Not open for further replies.