• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Continued decline in Sydney Junior Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
Thanks WTF? We're hoping to have a good go at those guys. We got past Bluemountains last year in the Canberra 7s and were the only team to put points on Canterbury all day in the final. We're just hopeing to be competitive this year.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
PETER FITZSIMONS: A Qantas Wallabies legend has taken aim at the ARU over the treatment of grassroots rugby.

safe_image.php

ARU slammed for not getting enough bums into muddy shorts

SMH.COM.AU

Interesting - so easy to take pot shots.

I've made a few posts in the preceding half a dozen pages, all about growth, ideas, and development of Grass Roots rugby.

The post were so much about muddy shorts, they were about getting our hands muddy and creating an incline, yeah doing a bit of work (I'm not saying any of the posters on here don't contribute!!!!!) and helping it happen.

So an update as we've been working,
Bill, great meeting you the other night, thank you for your time and reviewing our ideas, and your positive response!!!!

Work to be done.

Cheers,

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)
So an update as we've been working,
Bill, great meeting you the other night, thank you for your time and reviewing our ideas, and your positive response!!!!

Work to be done.

Cheers,
Don't get your hopes up Dave. Bill is good with words, Not so much with action. I think any improvements in grass roots will be lead by grass roots people not ARU

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
The great pity is that it's taken a dedicated volunteer to come up with a plan rather than the various highly paid ARU/NSWRU employees who have been supposed to have been developing the game over the past 20 years.

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
The great pity is that it's taken a dedicated volunteer to come up with a plan rather than the various highly paid ARU/NSWRU employees who have been supposed to have been developing the game over the past 20 years.

In the 15 years I've been involved with Junior Rugby I've seen NO EVIDENCE that the upper echelons of the ARU believe they are meant to have anything to do with developing grass roots rugby, only evidence that they continue to believe that their Wallabies will continue come from the Private school system. Even in these institutions the numbers are declining.
As wrong as it is, it is going to take passionate, committed volunteers to keep rugby alive and stop the decline.

B

Backline_Move

In the 15 years I've been involved with Junior Rugby I've seen NO EVIDENCE that the upper echelons of the ARU believe they are meant to have anything to do with developing grass roots rugby, only evidence that they continue to believe that their Wallabies will continue come from the Private school system. Even in these institutions the numbers are declining.
As wrong as it is, it is going to take passionate, committed volunteers to keep rugby alive and stop the decline.

Especially with the lack of funding and support they provide to younger clubs.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Should that support and funding have come direct from ARU, or through "the chain of command" via State RU's, and then Zone and district RU's/Clubs?

Allow some of the intermediarys to piss the funds up against the wall looking after themselves rather than the grass roots junior village clubs.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Should that support and funding have come direct from ARU, or through "the chain of command" via State RU's, and then Zone and district RU's/Clubs?

Allow some of the intermediarys to piss the funds up against the wall looking after themselves rather than the grass roots junior village clubs.

Interesting that one HJ - funding / responsibility / chain of command, I've spent a bit of time on this thread. And my ARU / Australian Rugby thread has clocked up a few pages. My thoughts and understanding are different, and will take to long to explain.

Yep,
It's a global game,
We live in a global economy,
We have technology now that was a dream many years ago,
But with all this there are still principles that have stood the test of time.

I pay my boy pocket money if he does a good job, he has to earn it.

To many people can want want want and it's all very easy to pass judgement from behind a key board.

William88

Syd Malcolm (24)
What initiatives could the ARU develop to help stop this crisis? i think there are some very simple ones, have more coverage of rugby in the media has to nearly be the number 1 proposal though.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
What initiatives could the ARU develop to help stop this crisis? i think there are some very simple ones, have more coverage of rugby in the media has to nearly be the number 1 proposal though.

How? That's not an initiative or a strategy. It's a goal. But how do you / the ARU achieve it?

How do they dictate to the media what gets covered? They could ramp up their media dept to produce more content and build stronger relationships with the (pretty small) rugby media community. But even that is no guarantee of increasing media coverage, and perhaps that money is better spent on DOs?

JuanBarn

Herbert Moran (7)
And all the mums looking at the scratches/gouges on Hoopers face. Not sure if it's quite the image they were intending to send. Surely they could of used some concealer or a paper bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
And all the mums looking at the scratches/gouges on Hoopers face. Not sure if it's quite the image they were intending to send. Surely they could of used some concealer or a paper bag.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but scratches are apart of living.
My daughter hurt her knee doing ballet last night as well.
My boy caught a cold at school as well.

Hooper must have been burying his head in a few rucks whilst Poey was loitering on the wing;)

forwards4ever

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Maybe, but scratches are apart of living.
My daughter hurt her knee doing ballet last night as well.
My boy caught a cold at school as well.

Hooper must have been burying his head in a few rucks whilst Poey was loitering on the wing;)

Unfair Dave, look at how Poey's face ended up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.