• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Copy Protected Digital TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lads, a little help.

I have a digital set top box as well as a DVR.

When I try to record shows on the digital channels a message comes up saying the content is copy protected.

I am sure I used to be able to record digital programs. Is this a new thing and is there anyway around it?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Reg, I've got an el Gato EyeTV hooked up to my Mac and haven't experienced this issue. It takes the straight digital signal (DVB) over the air saves it. No copy protection issues that I've seen. What setup are you using?

B

Burke's Boot

I wonder if the live signal from Foxtel is being recorded onto the hard drive of your DVD or BluRay recorder it can keep it then and you can then burn it onto disk in order to preserve it for posterity?

I only recently upgraded my Fox IQ2 3.5" SATA hard drive from the pathetic 320GB drive it comes with to a 1TB drive using an excellent free Pommy pay-tv cloning tool called Sky Copy+ http://www.skycopyplus.co.uk/ but i would like to get some stuff off it when i get a bluray recorder but it sounds like the content on it is copy protected.

Status
Not open for further replies.