1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

COVID-19 Stuff Here

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by dru, Mar 16, 2020.

1. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

I think it's the same rationale as not going swimming, surfing, boating, mountain biking etc: if something goes wrong (accident, breakdown, medical event) people have to come get you out of the shit & you're potentially using resources that could be needed elsewhere. So, unless you've absolutely gotta go somewhere for food, medicine or other essentials DON'T.
    boyo and Garry Owens like this.
  2. Garry Owens Alan Cameron (40)

Thoughts on how China comes out of this ? Economically ?
  3. Tex Ken Catchpole (46)

It's frightening hey!?

'Cytokene storm' sounds like what happens on a moon of Jupiter where it rains iron or some shit. I'll admit to being lulled into that whole "majority of people will be asymptomatic or cop a mild cold symptom" mindset, but shit like that really pricks the bubble.
    Dismal Pillock likes this.
  4. kiap Mark Ella (57)

Absolutely - merely the interim office holder after Mister Nakatomi's six month tenure.
    waiopehu oldboy and Garry Owens like this.
  5. Up the Guts Tony Shaw (54)

I think one of the issues would have been he was still trying to run the country while pretty sick, <5h sleep per night while struck down would tank anyone.
  6. Tex Ken Catchpole (46)

Good point. On that front, is Comrade Dutton all mended?
    boyo likes this.
  7. Up the Guts Tony Shaw (54)

I believe so, he seemed to rest up well and good through the Ruby Princess debacle.

On a more serious note re gravity of your infection, Australian scientists are on track to developing a blood test (5 weeks according to the article) establishing your genetic predisposition to how severly you'll be struck down by the virus. It will mean that you can better identify who needs to be sent home if they test positive and who will need intensive care. Could also establish who needs to take extreme precautions isolating.
    The_Brown_Hornet and Tex like this.
  8. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

That's better, gives you the gravitas you so clearly possess in abundance. As opposed to t'other one which made you look like a bit of a Pillock :).
    cyclopath, kiap and Dismal Pillock like this.
  9. Tex Ken Catchpole (46)

It's really amazing to see the advances possible when cooperation is the model of working.
  10. Dismal Pillock John Hipwell (52)

that was great. he's like Spock analysing himself as all his inside gooey shit explodes.

ffs, I'd be wailing like a banshee and chipmunk panic-punching myself in the dick til I passed out.
  11. Dismal Pillock John Hipwell (52)

Was quite enjoying pretending I was reading my own posts and getting to see what they would look like if they made any sense at all.
    Teh Other Dave, cyclopath and kiap like this.
  12. kiap Mark Ella (57)

Don't misunderestimate a bit of Pillock … genius requires a new sanity
  13. Lindommer Andrew Slack (58)

Our wallopers here in New South Wales have put out a notice driving with mum on yer Ls won't get you into trouble. I'd wager that fine will eventually be dropped when common sense kicks in, there again, it did happen in Victoria involving their police. Luckily, the young lady wasn't shot.
  14. waiopehu oldboy Tim Horan (67)

So what you're saying is the Dismal One isn't merely ahead of his time but actually one of those time travellers that get mistaken for aliens from time to time (what with all the abducting & anal probing & what have you)?
  15. kiap Mark Ella (57)

16. Dismal Pillock John Hipwell (52)

articles got nuthin to do with me. I7ll go days on end without having a single goddamn thought. it's like an anechoic chamber with all the lightbulbs smashed up there.

my main takeaway from the article was the ads at the bottom. wft is going on here.
    must confess though, this pic quickly sowed the seeds for a couple of idiotic fake news articles.

#feeling_good_about_dark_thoughts
    cyclopath, kiap and waiopehu oldboy like this.
  17. Teh Other Dave Trevor Allan (34)

Billy Pilgrim's journey to Tralfamadore?
    waiopehu oldboy likes this.
  18. tragic Trevor Allan (34)

This is what’s going to nail us now.
    The bottom 5 might eradicate this virus if they keep their borders closed.
    The top 3 are in it for the long haul.

EE3D3806-4606-43D7-818F-80FFFB305DBC.jpeg
  19. Teh Other Dave Trevor Allan (34)

From the sounds of things the removal of overseas arrivals will allow NSW, Vic, and Qld to randomise their testing, which might help uncover more clusters. Interesting to see where we go from here.
  20. Pfitzy Tim Horan (67)

The wife got one of those knee pillows, and my immediate response was to point out that, if I got between her legs every night, I'd be a lot happier.

Last time I made that joke. The stitches are out.
    boyo, Derpus, Ignoto and 2 others like this.