• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Craft beer thread

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
If you buy little creatures and/or Fat Yak it isn't locally owned

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Fat Yak's crap. Not into it at all. I told my wife to just get me a carton of Pale Ale. I will specify next time.

Just organised a brewery crawl for a mates bucks do. We are going to roll through Cheeky monkey! Duckstein, Bootleg and then try and finish at the Grove (distillery) for spirits tasting if we get there on time. Will report back.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
Just add beer

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/2373319/gt-just-add-beer/?cs=2373

"Adam Ritchie, the restaurant’s head chef, has been with Murray’s Brewery for five years and says every moment has been a learning experience.
Before he started at Murray’s, he knew a lot about guzzling bad beer, but nothing about good beer, he says.
One of the best parts of the job is the freedom he has to experiment with different cooking styles and recipes. ‘‘The freedom to create has been fantastic,’’ he said.
‘‘I’d always cooked with wine, but I’d never even heard about cooking with beer so it was a good learning curve for me.
‘‘Sean’s one of the best brewers in the country and he has a reputation for having one of the best palates. So learning from him about different flavours has been awesome.
‘‘It gives a real depth of flavour and it’s something you can’t really explain. It brings a totally different flavour than just cooking with water or stock.’’
Ritchie says you can replace pretty much any liquid you would usually use in cooking with beer.
‘‘I’ve done it with sticky date pudding, curries, braises, oso bucco – anything, really. Just not too much.
‘‘There are a lot more possibilities with beers and dark beers, rather than wine. They add such a complexity of flavour.’’

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Sounds interesting.
http://craftypint.com/events/event/...-brewing-beer-cartel-and-flat-rock-brew-cafe/

Sofa Sessions with Riverside Brewing, Beer Cartel and Flat Rock Brew Cafe

In what might well be a world first, three top Sydney craft beer venues – Beer Cartel, Flat Rock Brew Cafe and Riverside Brewing – are teaming up to bring a personal beer tasting into the home of every beer lover in the country.

Thanks to his awesome power of onmipresence (and a little help from the internet) Dave Padden of Riverside Brewing will be beaming into your living room

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
I went to the Beer Cartel today.

I'm drinking a Murray's Angry Man as I type.

Very nice.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Day 4 of the annual fast Dry July. 27 to go.

Best drink I've found to follow an "Angry Man" is "My Wife's Bitter" from Burleigh Brewing.

There is a certain symmetry to them.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I got the International version $AUS 2156 (220V/240V)
That doesn't include import duty (about $350) and transport costs (no idea just yet)
Any update on this Gibbo. How are they going with their planned delivery dates?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I'll try different kinds of beers but I'm a big fan of wheat beers. "Murray's Whale Ale" is my top pick & its brewed close to home - just to make it a bit extra special.

From Murray's I'd also like to try the "Rudeboy", "Wild Thing" (stout), "Punch & Judy's Amber Ale", "Tinkers Curse Irish Stout", "Heart of Darkness Imperial Stout" (reminds me of a limited release song from the band "Heart"), &......ah forget it here's the whole list below in the link.

http://www.murraysbrewingco.com.au/beer.php

Feral Hop Hog India Pale Ale from Feral Brewing Company looks like one I should try too.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Presumably from a bottle, boyo. I, also, commend the (packaged) Three Sheets Pale Ale, in fact I reckon it's better than the draught drop at the pub. They're brewed at different breweries so a difference in taste isn't unexpected. Must tell the publican next time I see him.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
@AngrySeahorse
Have you been to their brewery/restaurant at Bob's Farm?

Sorry for the late reply Boyo but I didn't seem to get any notification when you used the @ with my username.

I haven't been there yet but it is only half an hour from where I live so it is certainly on the to do list. I've checked out their webpage, looks like a nice place.