• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Craft beer thread

Not in straight

Vay Wilson (31)
View attachment 7601

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk
Gentleman and others,

I have returned from afar and the news is not good. I have been to the East and it troubles me to report that craft beer just doesn't happen in the Kingdom of Bali.

Should you find yourself in this God forsaken place then your choices are limited.

Tasting notes for Bintang.

drink very cold.

End of message.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
^^^ Wouldn't recommend drinking an Imperial Russian Stout in Bali though.

Sometimes when it it stinking hot, and humid as an elephants jock strap and the quality of the local tap water is a bit iffy, an ice cold brownish liquid approximating beer is an appropriate hydration aid.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Gentleman and others,

I have returned from afar and the news is not good. I have been to the East and it troubles me to report that craft beer just doesn't happen in the Kingdom of Bali.

Should you find yourself in this God forsaken place then your choices are limited.

Tasting notes for Bintang.

drink very cold.

End of message.

Do you need leg tatts and a Bintang singlet to enjoy it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With the Battle of the Beaches going on today at The Village Green, 't'would be a good time to pop in to visit 4 Pines alehouse on The Esplanade and sample some of their Winter series Keller Door releases along with enjoying the pleasures of the biggest spectator event in Sydney Premier Rugby,

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
GABS 2016 is happening soon. http://gabsfestival.com/

Who's going?
Melbourne - Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton 20 - 22 May
Sydney - Australian Technology Park in Eveleigh 27 - 28 May
Auckland ASB Showgrounds 18 June

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
GABS 2016 is happening soon. http://gabsfestival.com/

Who's going?
Melbourne - Royal Exhibition Building in Carlton 20 - 22 May
Sydney - Australian Technology Park in Eveleigh 27 - 28 May
Auckland ASB Showgrounds 18 June
I'm going on Saturday arvo, and went to a La Sirene and nose-to-tail pork feast extravaganza last night.

Good Beer Week is a good week.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

TheBigDog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Had a Stone and Wood 'Big Scrub' New Age Lager off tap at the Port Office Hotel in Brisbane the other day, first time I had seen/heard of this beer which is surprising considering I follow Stone and Wood fairly closely.

A nice in between S&W Pacific Ale and Green Coast Lager. Enough fruitiness/hopiness to taste clean and refreshing but also with a good beery hit at the end. Was able to put down 3 over lunch with ease. Found it in the bottleo later than afternoon - $10.50 for a tallie. The same bottleo actually had tallies of S&W Cloud Catcher in stock ($10) which is a great drop as well.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
not sure is this qualifies as craft - bought it on spec: very nice but powerful drop. Apologies for the kicking tee in the background.
IMG_0007.jpg

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
I ended up going to a few Good Beer Week events. GABS is a bit of sensory overload, particularly when you're into your fifth paddle and the tastes are getting deep and funky.

A highlight was a nose-to-tail pork degustation matched with La Sirene saisons. I really appreciated the rich food matched with the 'energetic' saisons.

After GABS I rolled over to the Great Northern Hotel in Carlton with the dog to watch the Rebels and was served the beer of the day from Lagunitas - a US brewery they're hosting at the moment. Unfortunately after an afternoon hard at work tasting all of Australia's craft beer specials, I've got no fucking idea which beer it was. Must go back and sample the lot to find out.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
159b208e6a9a49ae2233ba10647749bf.jpg

Tonight's pregame preparation aided by a quick trip to NZ last weekend. I am ready to cheer us on now!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk