• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Craft beer thread

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Maybe reviewed earlier, but i swallowed a few vale ale darks at the chophouse during the week. Very tasty, especially with good steak.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Can't recommend this beer cafe enough. Very rustic, but great beer, taps have something new rach week and curry night on Thursdays. Worth the trip here.

I can second that. The bottle shop in the same set of shops is good too.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I'm currently sitting at 70 distinct beers. I don't usually put up repeats (from the same day anyway) unless I'm trying for a badge.

Gibbo

Ron Walden (29)
Here is the Kegerator setup (one more keg's worth of Beer to go in)

Attachments

• 1003568_10151811047522055_1325882180_n.jpg
    1003568_10151811047522055_1325882180_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 1450284_10151811047587055_721190181_n.jpg
    1450284_10151811047587055_721190181_n.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 260

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Good looking setup @Gibbo.

Mate of mine has done a Tim the Toolman conversion on an old fridge he had lying around.

Gas bottle outside with piping through the side of the fridge and a grommet where he drilled the hole for the gas hose.

rip all the vege bins and trays out of the inside of the fridge. Two beer taps obtained from a mate in the pub refit industry are mounted on the front door of the fridge with a slops tray underneath it.

Done fairly cheaply I gather.

It is a good talking point when you go round to his man cave for an ale. Rather envious.

Meanwhile working my way through some Coldstream Pilsener and Figjam IPA's while we flog the Poms in the Cricket.

Coldstream Pils is v good.
FIGJAM IPA is adequate but not up there with Feral Hog.

Good names from Burleigh Brewing Co. Beers not too bad either. Figjam IPA, My Wifes Bitter.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Went to the Feral brewery yesterday @Hugh Jarse.

Was on a bucks do brewery crawl and ended up there. Had no expectations, but the beer was Impeccable.

I took a shine to the Feral White. Best beer of the day. At 40'C and no air conditioning on the bus it nearly broke my resolve to pace myself.

Most interesting was the Karma Citra. Indian Black Ale with a citrus bite. Pretty serious stuff, a pint was a bit much. A middy for a taster would be plenty.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Somehow it just seems appropriate to have a West Australian brewed English Bitter tonight.

Anyone recommend one?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Went to the Feral brewery yesterday @Hugh Jarse.

Was on a bucks do brewery crawl and ended up there. Had no expectations, but the beer was Impeccable.

I took a shine to the Feral White. Best beer of the day. At 40'C and no air conditioning on the bus it nearly broke my resolve to pace myself.

Most interesting was the Karma Citra. Indian Black Ale with a citrus bite. Pretty serious stuff, a pint was a bit much. A middy for a taster would be plenty.

Feral is one of my favourite breweries and certainly my favourite in the Swan Valley. The White is a great beer, I'll agree.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Chased down some Feral white in the shop this week. As good as I remember. Unfortunately at $58 for 16 x 330ml Stubbies it places itself firmly in the special occasion column.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
@ChargerWA, I understand your plight, but @boyo summed it up pretty well.

Life is too short to drink crap beer.

Having been on a wonderful Craft beer journey of late, going back to VB, XXXX, Tooheys New is rather a unattractive prospect.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Life is indeed too short to drink crap beer. Tell you what though, I had some Tooheys Old the other night for the first time in a long while and enjoyed it just as much as I ever have. One of the better mainstream beers in the country for mine.