• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket Summer of 2014/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That's a one in a fucking million accident.

It will be interesting to see what the medical outcome is given one blow with the ball and one when he fell down. As per the "one punch" injuries that are made more serious by the victim impacting the concrete.

That's a discussion for another day, along with the potential fallout for Cricket Law changes or equipment changes.

Poor bastard was 25

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
The tragedy and futility of a young man in his prime to be struck down playing the game he loved.
I have 3 sons a little older who love their cricket, and my heart goes out to his family in this time of inconsolable grief.

Vale Phil Hughes

cornetto

Peter Burge (5)
What a terrible tragedy. Seems actually hard to comprehend, so feeling very numb about it. Hug your kids mums and dads - even the old ones. You never know when they can be snatched away from you. RIP Phil.

Phil

Chris McKivat (8)
What a tragic accident to take the life of such a likeable young man playing the sport he loved.My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
My heartfelt condolences to Phil Hughes family and all Australians. I have played a lot of cricket over the years and love the game. This tragedy has rocked me to the core I think because, for all the competitiveness of the game, cricket is a game played by a giant family around the world. I cried this morning listening to dear old Jim Maxwell pass on the terrible news that none of us wanted to hear. RIP Phil Hughes, RIP.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Summed up my thoughts exactly, PP. My boy plays the game, like I did before him and my father before me -- it's part of us. There's a camaraderie between cricketers that's very similar to rugby and I think all of us who love the game are shattered at today's news. He was by all accounts a fine young man too.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Too early to speculate on the ramifications of this tragedy but Phil has undoubtedly left a legacy. Days like these serve as a reminder as to how precious life is, seems unfair that he's been taken right when the best years were ahead of him.

You'd have to assume the first test is in doubt despite the Indians desire to play, our blokes won't be mentally up to it. Hopefully some common sense prevails and a solution can be found. I think he would have wanted the test to go ahead but that is asking alot of the Aussie players.

Personally, I agree with an earlier poster, the best course of action is to dedicate the first test of the summer (alternatively, one of the days of the SCG test) to his memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.