• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Cricket - what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Chris Rogers scored 241no a coupla days ago to steer Middlesex to 472 for the loss of only three wickets! It's Middlesex's highest successful run chase at Lord's and the third highest successful run chase in county cricket history.

When he (finally) grows up Rogers is going to be a damned fine cricketer. ;)

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
haha NZ cricket: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/cricket/10061325/Cairns-If-I-m-Player-X-then-McCullum-is-lying

NZ Cricketers envy of cricket world

--NZ Herald--

NZ cricketers are the envy of the cricket
world for the stunning salaries they command. Despite being ranked 20th in a worldwide field of seven nations, ranked down between Luxembourg and the Botswana Midwives 3rd XI, most NZ cricketers live in houses like this:

A6Txf6JCcAAlY-v.jpg

"Send the chopper over Mum, I'm lost in the bloody maze again."

"My top score ever is 20" said one NZ cricketer. "Most of the lads are the same. Really, there's not much use staying at the crease after that. The job is done."

nzcricket_zps55a25efd.jpg

A NZ cricketer, seen here raking in the big bucks.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Presumably for home games only, what would be the point of having the ultimate flat track bully as batting coach on decks that might do un-Strayan things like take turn or seam about a bit :)

The irony of this appointment overwhelmed to the the extent that I've been speechless for 16 hours.

Hard to know whether to laugh or cry.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^^^^ First Class average ~52 with 100+ centuries, 40K runs. Test average ~32 with (from memory) three centuries, dropped & recalled more often than Rob Simmons :). In an XI of flat track bullies, he'd open.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Sad to see big Maxy Walker pass away yesterday. A great player and one of the good guys. He'll most likely be the last player to ever play 85 top grade Aussie rules (or any other football code for that matter at the elite level) and test cricket.

Kiwis have had one or two since - Brian McKechnie represented NZ at cricket and rugby around about the same time.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
McKechnie was collateral in several key sporting moments. He was the non-striker for the Under Arm bowl, and kicked the resulting penalty from "That Lineout" when Haden famously took a dive to milk a penalty against the Welsh.

NZL's last dual coder was probably Jeff Wilson or Goldy. Infamous for being a participant in "That Tackle" in 1994.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
McKechnie was collateral in several key sporting moments. He was the non-striker for the Under Arm bowl, and kicked the resulting penalty from "That Lineout" when Haden famously took a dive to milk a penalty against the Welsh.

NZL's last dual coder was probably Jeff Wilson or Goldy. Infamous for being a participant in "That Tackle" in 1994.

Yes, I've previously pointed to the irony of McKechnie facing the underarm delivery and also kicking the winning penalty goal from the AB lineout divathon (much to the annoyance of a couple of AB supporters who decline to face the reality of the TV footage and cling to the fact that apparently a Welsh hand touched an AB player in the lineout which was an infringement);)

Status
Not open for further replies.